Door sill protection

Whats the diff between 22 and 21?
Anyways thinking of just PPFing it and call it a day lol
Mazda changed the model names to ksd4-v1-370 ($599) from kbh1-v1-370 ($399)
I decided to get the simple ones w/o LEDs (OEM, made in Thailand).

I had a set on my '17 CX-5 (it was $230 when I got it). They do look great at nights when you open doors. The button batteries still work after 5 yrs.

If you think the old one is expensive ($275), wait until you see the new one for 2022.
MSRP=$599. On Mazdaswag.com, it is on sale for $460.
Tell me you read exactly none of this post without telling me. Not even the replies We JUST talked about that like 3 posts above you. Also on page 1. :p

Don't use clear tape. OMG. Far too much like grandma covering the ...what did she call it... o yeah... the davenport... in plastic in the living room we were never allow

what about black and yellow construction safety zone marking tape. sold by the roll, easy to cut and provides a highly visible attention grabbing pattern that we are trained to avoid.

It should stick well and is easy to replace if for some reason it gets damaged.

Otherwise, I would just have that area wrapped with paint protection film. Lamin-X is decently "cheap" by the flat, cut-your-own_sheet, but actuall protection film is probably better....

what about black and yellow construction safety zone marking tape. sold by the roll, easy to cut and provides a highly visible attention grabbing pattern that we are trained to avoid.
How about we try to make our cars as ugly as possible? :rolleyes:

If you don't want to buy nice door sill guards, clear PPF is the only way to go. I think you could have that installed professionally for under $100, or buy a small roll and DIY, but be careful with the install, that stuff really sticks.

You may be on to something - sill guards in your fav sports teams colors. Of course, the wrong color car matched with the wrong team colors could be awful. A Pakers fan with a Soul Red car for example. 😱

🤮

appears pre-2017 didn't have that drop / ridge
interesting if post-2017 protectors are shaped to accommodate it
1661016175653.png

Back