does turboxs midpipe fit in stock exhaust?

I need to know this one too! Just installed the turboxs downpipe but the flange is suited for a flat copper gasket, and the factory midpipe is suited for a donut gasket. Will never get a good seal with that.

I took it down to the local muffler shop, and his suggestion was to cut off the end of the factory midpipe and put on a diamond shaped flat flange to mate with the turboxs downpipe.

Now I'm just considering getting the turboxs midpipe. My only question, is if the end closest to the trunk of the car requires a donut gasket or a flat flange.

Above image links you to the wrx one, but just navigate the page to 2007-2009 mazdaspeed 3 and you'll see it.

anyone tried? did you use the stock donut gaskets or get new flat gaskets?

Yes, use the donut gasket. The stocker is reusable. I think, but am not sure, that the flat gaskets would be to connect to a 3 inch CBE.

I have the TurboXS dp/rp and the rp section bolted right up to the CBE with the donut and does not leak.

interesting. That is exactly what I plan on doing. Was it a good seal for the donut gasket then? Because the turboxs flanges are flat - not designed for donuts.

yeah i think itll work after getting it on the lift at work. i got a couple sce copper gaskets from summitracing just in case as well.

fits awesome near perfect! just used the donut on the dowpipe side and sce 3 inch copper gasket with new bolts on exhaust side. sounds deeper but not much louder.

Back