does any one have pics of how to remove oil pan upper block?

pablosqy

:
mazdaspeed protege
hey sup! Im removing oil pan and oil pan upper block, but Im stuck removing upper block :(

The oil pan was kind of easy to remove... but the uper block is giving me troubles (gah)

oilpanuperblock.jpg

What I dont know is how to remove the 2 bolts when i look at the car those bolts arent there, so i think they`re in the clutch area :(
does any one have removed this part? can you give me an easiest way to remove does bolts... I dont want to remove all transmittion :( can I just move it a lil... just to remove does bolts?
help me please!!!(help)

Last edited:
I think those 2 bolts are hidden inside the transmission. You can remove transmission out just enuf to access bolts, or you can drill holes in transmission to gain access

Last edited:
do you think that i can remove just a lil bit without removing mm?? my problem is that im working the car alone :( i dont have ppl to help me out :'(

so i was kinda wondering the same thing, so the support plate doesnt actually hold up the crank? so i wont need bearings if i change it?

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I'm pulling my MBSP right now, and I was wondering if anyone has a diagram for the bellhousing bolts? Mainly I need to know whether I can just undo the bolts and separate the tranny, or if there's other s*** involved like yanking the axles or w/e.

you should remove the axles and the shift linkage. You may as well just remove the transmission if your changing the mbsp because youll have to remove the rear main seal. not a small job. where in orlando are you? pm me if you want

Yeah after I posted that I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to get the last trans bolt removed, but I just can't get a good angle to pull on the breaker bar with the car up on ramps. Might just have to pull the motor and tranny together. I'm pretty sure I've got a spun bearing (there were little metal chunks when I dropped the lower pan) and I'm just trying to inspect the bottom end to see if the motor's worth rebuilding.

lol if you see metal shavings just save yourself the time and just pull the motor.

I've been told you can drill holes on the flat parts on the bottom of the trans, use a long 1/4 extension to get the bolts... when you put it back together ensure you clean and rtv the flat spots around the bolt holes for the inner pairs of bolts closest to the trans. if not they will leak.

I've had to yank the trans to do this job, I needed to replace my clutch anyway from oil damage, and the rear main. took me all Damn day, and trying to wiggle the trans out was a pain. next time I would just pull the engine and trans together, tons easier and more room to work. I've gotten it down to 2 hrs by myself last time I pulled the engine.

Back