Dodge SRT-4

Wow, I agree with you guys that car companys have been over stateing there cars performance untill the last few months before releceing it....but I think that car looks good. :( And I don't see what's wrong with a car company trying to make a kick ass performer for little money....after all, that's what an MP3 is right? Good looks, stellar handleing, for 18k? I say more power to dodge, it's about time the neon finaly gets some real performance from the factory. :D

It would be nice to see the Neon get some performance from the factory. lord knows the Neon R/T of recent release was about as quick as stock Civic of the same year...

Sad when the "performance" version of the Neon is running the same times as a stock Civic...

It would also be nice if they could make the Neon reliable...But that's another story.

Originally posted by Antoine:
<STRONG>Holy goose feathers!...I thought that was a load of BS...0-60 under 6 sec w/ a 148mph topspeed and under 20 g's...WHAT!?!?

Under 6 is likely, but a 148 mph top speed is not. I'd guess 130-135. Drag hurts.

I wonder if this is related to the pt cruiser turbo project...hmmm...turbo's and chrysler...whats going on...

Like it's been said, DC has been using turbos for a long time, but the 2.4 PT and the 2.4 SRT are essentially the same set up.

This car will easily be made faster (chips, exhaust on a turbo car = easy HP)...is it FWD...the car will be all over the place...limited slip included???

The Razor has the same engine as well, and is pushing 250 ponies. But as of yet, no LSD is involved, but I heard its a possibility.

Not only Mazda...EVERYONE...se-r won't touch it....Is it the fastest car under 20 g's? I still don't believe it...is it really true? :eek: Mazda wake up...hmm anyone have a 0-60 time on the mini cooper S?</STRONG>

Yes, it is the fastest car under 20 g's. And you etter beleive it, it'll be out by the end of the year ;-)

I would rather push my MP3 uphill in the snow than ride in that neon pos!

Later

(Yeah.......i'm still bitter about the Rams.)

Originally posted by ChrisS:
<STRONG>It would be nice to see the Neon get some performance from the factory. lord knows the Neon R/T of recent release was about as quick as stock Civic of the same year...

Sad when the "performance" version of the Neon is running the same times as a stock Civic...

It would also be nice if they could make the Neon reliable...But that's another story.</STRONG>

Not sure where you're getting the Civic thing, but i know the first gen R/T's and the SI's of 98 and 99 ran almost identical 1/4 and 0-60 times.

As for reliability, I'm gonna keep fighting for it here...through 195,000 miles of Neons, I've only had the infamous HG as a problem.

Back