Do these strut mounts look correct (with picture)?

Ordered a buncha new parts to replace essentially all the wear components in the front suspension. These strut mounts were ordered from RockAuto and are Monroe "Strut Mate" brand.

They don't have any paint indicators like the factory units to set the correct orientation. There is a small notch on one edge, but the paint dots are on the CORNERS not an edge, so I don't see how that can indicate orientation. Am I missing something obvious? I know the orientation can tweak alignment settings, so I'd like to not just guess.

Also, the bearings included with these are plastic. Seems sort of hokey. Are OEM strut mount bearings made of something more durable?

Any input appreciated. Considering just returning them and tracking down some OEM ones.

2012-07-29_22-06-07_894.jpg

Yes and yes. Bearings are encased in a hard type plastic. Also if you notice on the strut mount, the lower right corner has more space between the center than the others. If you like you can mark it like your OEM ones so you don't make a mistake when installing.

Yes and yes. Bearings are encased in a hard type plastic. Also if you notice on the strut mount, the lower right corner has more space between the center than the others. If you like you can mark it like your OEM ones so you don't make a mistake when installing.

You know the difference is so slight I almost didn't believe you. But I did some checking with a straight edge and you were exactly right. Does that stud mount in the "marked" location?

Back