Do HID's come stock on mazda6 ... ?

ok ok... are the lights already on the 6 equipped for xenons? i'm just confused... prolly a retarded question, but the lights seem like eye lids from BMW, except yellow, instead of white/blue...?

crzygosu87 said:
UGH....ummm ok heres my dilemma...i ordered some PIAA low beams to be delivered to my house in about several days, but the thing is...i can reach the hole for the H1 low beams on the driver side of the car but the passenger side has the intercoolant blocking the cap that i have to screw off and replace the bulb through...what do i do? how do i install them? cuz my hands wont fit in there lol URGENT PLZ REPLAY ASAP SOMEONE PLZ (argh) (gun)

just get a socket wrench with metric 10 or 15... it's either or... cant remember off the top of my head right now... just undo the 3 bolts holding the coolent reservoir and swing it out of the way.... then you'll have more room to get to the passenger side headlights. you can also take out the airbox to get better room for the driverside... just be sure to remember to plug back anything you unplugged...

Crazy... the headlights on the 6 are projectors so they work well if you drop in HIDs into them...

CrazyXZac said:
drop em' in...? i need the whole kit tho right? (boom05)

yes... you need the HID bulbs and the ballasts... SC3 may be selling his 4100k CATZ soon... ask him how much if you're interested...

Fugi said:
yes... you need the HID bulbs and the ballasts... SC3 may be selling his 4100k CATZ soon... ask him how much if you're interested...
yep thats where my hid's are comming from
(rockon) talked to him wednsday...

someone wanna tell me the difference between xenons, HIDs, and fake HIDs?? or if there is such a thing as fake HIDs? lol. i know xenons have da actual xenon gas that surrounds the bulb to create that glow but wut are HIDs? and are PIAAs fake HIDs? or fake xenons? (braindead

Hids and Xenon lights are the same. Or more accuratly, Xenon lights fall under the range of High Intensity Discharge lights. Instead of a filiment, like used in normal halogens, Xenon lights produce an Arc of electricity. This arc passes through a tube that is filled with Xenon gas and metallic salts. Think of it as a constant camera flash.

"Fake hids", which I believe would encompass PIAA and Sylvania bulbs, still use Xenon gasses to produce the bighter lights, but (and I think..) still use a filimant and normal housing unit. This way you can have the appearance of HIDs without the same projection setup.

I have fake hid's for now till we meet again. Mine ran $9.95 ebay auction lifetime warrenty. It works cause I had to replace them already.

Nice...i got mine recently for around 50 bux as a b-day present...but hey peepz once u buy the fake HID do you just simply take out the old bulb in the H1 compartment to the far right and left and replace it with the new ones? nothing else ish required right? just unscrew da cap, unplug the bulb in the back, take out the bulb and metal backing it is fixed into, put in the new one, plug back in, screw cap back on, and sexyass new lights rigth? uhm

Ya...just make sure their 55 watt bulbs. Alotta the fake HID bulbs are 100 or 110 watt...and they'll fry your headlight harness, causing you quite a massive repair (out of warranty).

hahah i juss checked if da ones i ordered were 55watts nd indeed dey are...sum weird advertising ... what the PIAA advertisement stated was that H1 bulb + 55W = 100W power or something similar to that....lol ahhaha PIAA says that their bulbs create a brighter glow with a decrease in heat.....hmmm iono about that lol i still say they'll heat up quite a lot ..still fake HIDs lol (flame)

O YAH...another question that i had...im planning on installing a CAI system on my mazda6s but im not sure which one to get...what do you guys advise me to get? Injen? Aem? or are they all da same? (boom07)

Yayuh its my b-day tmrw~! (birthday)

also use the hex bolts located behind the low beams to re-align the hot spots so you don't blind the crap out of people in front and oncomming ;)

032__scaled_600.jpg

Back