Did someone splice my O2 wire at the ECU? SSAFC guys please chime in.

jitters

:
2003.5 MSP Blazing Yellow
I'm in the process of installing my SSAFC and when I went to pull out the ECU wiring harness I found that O2 wire pin 60 ( the pink/blue wire ), looks like it's been spliced. The wire is spliced into a grey wire and a black wire, it then goes into the factory wire loom. Did Mazda do this or has the previous owner cut my wiring harness? o2 wire.JPG

Definitely looks that way to me. Maybe someone installed a narrow band gauge in your car at one point.

Thanks for the quick responses. I notice both of you are running a Split Second, did you install it yourself? Other than the splice my harness looked like it had been untouched since the factory. It still looked like factory electrical tape ( it even had the blue tape on it like it shows in the Unichip instructions). I did a quick search and found this thread. http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...2-sensor-wiring-HELP-P0134-stuck-in-open-loop
It looks like his wiring is the same as mine. After reading his thread I checked my yellow wire and sure enough it was spliced as well, exactly like his. So I don't know maybe some were spliced and some weren't.

Anyways I've connected my SS AFC and it's working so I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep an eye on my WB.

Back