Dialing phone number from Nav

Lexx

:
2007 Mazda CX-9 AWD GT, 2010 Mazda3 Sport, 2005 BMW M3
So the CX-9 allows you to enter phone numbers into memory point records. The question is, how does one actually dial those? Anyone figure it out? The Nav and the Bluetooth phone system seem to be completely unconnected in this car.

And as a bonus question, I'll repeat a previously posted question that has not yet been answered: in the Bluetooth phone book, how does one insert a PAUSE?

Thanks,
Lexx

Lexx said:
So the CX-9 allows you to enter phone numbers into memory point records. The question is, how does one actually dial those? Anyone figure it out? The Nav and the Bluetooth phone system seem to be completely unconnected in this car.

And as a bonus question, I'll repeat a previously posted question that has not yet been answered: in the Bluetooth phone book, how does one insert a PAUSE?

Thanks,
Lexx
Is your sirius satellite hooked up?

the nav "phone book" and memory points, is a way to recall addresses based only on phone #s (for businesses, private residences have to be added).

There is no way to dial out to these phone #s through bluetooth. As for the pause... Im not honestly sure, and I would have to mess around with that for a bit to figure it out.

as far as I know, these are only to look up a directory, there is no dialing out.

mazpro said:
as far as I know, these are only to look up a directory, there is no dialing out.

B1GHAM and MazPro, thank you for your replies. The only comment I have about this revelation is "well that's stupid!" Who searches by phone numbers, duh! I guess I won't bother to enter any more of those in the memory points ...

Loose said:
Is your sirius satellite hooked up?
No, but I fail to see how that is relevant to the discussion at hand :). On that off-topic, however, I've reviewed the instructions on the installation of the Sirius receiver and have currently reached the conclusion that it is not particularly worth it for me at this time -- you have to take apart about 40% of the trim on the entire car to install, ugh. I think I'll just listen to my 1000 or so MP3 on the changer and the old fashioned FM radio.

Lexx

I believe that if you hit the * star key it will show the star then if you hit it again i think a P (Pause) or W (Wait) shows up if that is the case and the W (wait) shows up first then hit it again and then the P (Pause) will show or vice versa. If the * star keydoesn't do it use the # pound key.

Back