Delsing Klunk Fix

evolv

Contributor
:
Yelllow 2003.5 MSP
I e-mailed Dave some time ago and he told me that someone on this forum has received his paterns for making the Klunk Fix and that they would be producing them soon.

Well that was back in July and I have seen nothing on this forum regarding the brackets.

Does anyone know who or is anyone willing to come forward and tell us when we should expect those brackets.

03MzdSpdSTP said:
just order AWR poly replacement bushings. Thats what i did. Only 20bux and they will get rid of the clunk forever from soft rubber ones.

Thanks I'll keep that as plan B. I auto-x and really want that rear end to be drivable as it was designed to be. Racing Beat told Mazda how to make that rear end behave but Mazda went cheap and never made the bracket. So, I'm brakcet hunting. Missed a few sales and they are hard to come bye.

Subscribing. I'm DEFINITELY interested in finding out how to get my hands on this fix.
So is Dave on msprotege.com? If so, what's his user name?
Does he produce/sell the bracket?

I have a new set siting in my garage, I never have installed them, You may want to put up a WTB thred in the forsle section or something.

I was the very last person to get a set if I remember correct. my brother also has a set he has never used...

evolv said:
Thanks I'll keep that as plan B. I auto-x and really want that rear end to be drivable as it was designed to be. Racing Beat told Mazda how to make that rear end behave but Mazda went cheap and never made the bracket. So, I'm brakcet hunting. Missed a few sales and they are hard to come bye.

There was supposed to be a bracket from the start? I knew Mazda went cheap, but not to the point to not include something. Hmm, news to me.

Dave visits this forum from time to time but as far as I know he doesnt own a Mazda anymore and does not produce the bracket. The best way to get a hold of dave is to visit http://www.delsingmotorsport.com and send him an e-mail.

But I think you will get the same answer as me. He passed the design on to a member of this forum and they will be releasing this bracket in time.

evolv said:
Dave visits this forum from time to time but as far as I know he doesnt own a Mazda anymore and does not produce the bracket. The best way to get a hold of dave is to visit http://www.delsingmotorsport.com and send him an e-mail.

But I think you will get the same answer as me. He passed the design on to a member of this forum and they will be releasing this bracket in time.

I meant the Racing Beat part about them telling Mazda to make the bracket.

Stormtrooper77 said:
There was supposed to be a bracket from the start? I knew Mazda went cheap, but not to the point to not include something. Hmm, news to me.

Ya, Mazda went cheap...LMAO kinda like the small intercooler and plastic pipes. Those weren't weight saving ideas...

Its really too bad that mazda never followed through on these brackets because from everything I have read that these things really settle down the rear end. I like the idea of setting the breaks early, then power driving through the turns and slaloms.

apocman said:
I was the very last person to get a set if I remember correct.

I thought I was the last one!! I received mine almost excacly 1 year ago (but took forever to arrive)

You should install them as the make the car handle better

apocman said:
I have a new set siting in my garage, I never have installed them, You may want to put up a WTB thred in the forsle section or something.

I was the very last person to get a set if I remember correct. my brother also has a set he has never used...
Why, why, why have you not installed those?!? :confused:

It's the best thing you can ever do for your MSP's handling IMO.

mx3ownzj00 said:
I believe Mallard bought the plans

I believe you are correct. I'm the owner of his MSP now and I was lucky enough to get the car with them installed. He's a cool guy, hopefully he has some plans for these still.

I'll check my reciept in the box...

FlyinMSP said:
I thought I was the last one!! I received mine almost excacly 1 year ago (but took forever to arrive)

You should install them as the make the car handle better

Bala de Plata said:
I believe you are correct. I'm the owner of his MSP now and I was lucky enough to get the car with them installed. He's a cool guy, hopefully he has some plans for these still.
Wow, i didn't see this until just now. I am planning on having a run of parts made if people are interested. I have been traveling for work since just after New Years and I work 60 hour weeks.

I know evolv is making a copy of these parts and I don't exactly agree with what he has done, but that will effect demand for these. I need to know how many people are interested if i intend on making them. ...I should be home in about 2 weeks so I can start setting up a run of parts then.

Mallard said:
Wow, i didn't see this until just now. I am planning on having a run of parts made if people are interested. I have been traveling for work since just after New Years and I work 60 hour weeks.

I know evolv is making a copy of these parts and I don't exactly agree with what he has done, but that will effect demand for these. I need to know how many people are interested if i intend on making them. ...I should be home in about 2 weeks so I can start setting up a run of parts then.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "I don't exactly agree with what he has done"

Could you please explain yourself since it is I that you are referring to! thank you

I'm refering to you buying a product and copying Dave's design. Especially after he offered his plans up for sale to anyone that wanted to produce them. I only bought them after weeks went by and no one showed interest. To me these parts were too valuable to the community and of such high quality that I dodn't want to see them gone forever. That's why I put up the money to Dave for the production rights of his design. I've had some delays because some CAD files were missing and over winter time I travel for work and have a 60 hour work week, but I'll be home in a week or two in order to start setting things up.

Back