Dealers going under MSRP?

I have no doubt as the realease of the 2003.5 nears closer they will be making deals more freely.

I've been working them down to almost $19500. May be getting it next week. Unless they give me the same deal on my titanium.

turboge said:
I've been working them down to almost $19500. May be getting it next week. Unless they give me the same deal on my titanium.

What about it Braden?!! You know? The Black Mica rocks hard! Could you really be happy without the foglights? Many questions you must ask yourself, as the time draws nearer.

It has turned more into a financial issue now than color/fog preference. It will look nice to have a black and orange one in the garage with matching face and asses.

turboge said:
It has turned more into a financial issue now than color/fog preference. It will look nice to have a black and orange one in the garage with matching face and asses.

Exactly! Much like the cool contrast of my wife's Silver Protege ES, and my Black Mica MSP.

47b3df33b3127cce93fe891ea33d0000001610

47b3df33b3127cce93fe892d223e0000001610

I'll only do it for a certain price... if they don't give it to me then I'll wait for my titanium, I really hate owning a black car.

turboge said:
I'll only do it for a certain price... if they don't give it to me then I'll wait for my titanium, I really hate owning a black car.

I also like the Titanium (wish they hadn't changed the front cap though), and I swore I would never own another black car, but that has all changed. The MAZDASPEED is awesome in black. And; I will tell you - you ought to see mine now after the Meguiar's treatment Saturday - WOW!!!

The single photo in my 'new' signature below shows it; but of course, a photo does little justice.

Last edited:
I don't doubt it, i fell in love with the black back at the Sema show. After owning my Spec V in black I've been afraid to buy another car in the same color. And especially with all the idiots around here giving door dings..

Black's the only way to go!

About the MSRP. Our dealer wanted to sell the first MSP in my city so he beat our other dealers deal with no markup up just 20,500 pre ordered. The other dealer went 20,000 even. So we got it for 20k.

Turboge-

Just tell them exactly that - $19,500 or no deal. If they don't bite then they don't want to sell it. Auto dealers in general are struggling badly with the fear of war and general economic swoon. Just be aggressive and make it happen! Let them know you will drive off the lot at that price versus not buying from them at all.

I had a similar stipulation... a specific payment amount a month or no deal. It took two solid days of playing games but we made it work and I left happy (in a black MSP).

Stick to your guns and good luck!(getsome)

I walked out out of both dealers here - then I got the deal I wanted. $500 should make no difference.

Yeah I've been dueling with these two dealers for a little while. I told them both, I don't care who I buy it from as long as I get the deal I want. Now I'm just hoping that I can do a trade-in at the same time and get out good on that.

Black is nice, but there's not way in hell i get another. Too much work.

Stick with the Titanium. Give yourself more time to get some money together. If they offer you a deal on this one, there's no reason why they can't offer the same on the 2003.5 in my mind.

Braden: Why not get bids over the internet? Mazda's site will even link you to them. It's much easier to dicker over email and they know you're talking to all the other dealers email, too. If you want to, you can go to edmunds.com and look up their article on buying over the internet. Bottom line: all three times, the internet figure was lower than the walk into the dealer figure, faster and with less hassle.

Just a thought. Good luck.

As a point of advice, would it help to threaten moving to another brand if they don't bargain? Surely MSP dealerships are aware of the SRT-4 by now, and the threat it poses to MSP sales.

Not ot mention that if the jack the price they are in WRX territory.

Latest posts

Back