Dealer wants to check top portion of engine before fixing turbo under warranty

Sherazad

So my turbo is blown and reporduced the white smoke at the dealership. I just got word that they'd like to pull the top of the engine cover off and look in the engine, is this normal?

I have service records from a smaller shop who performed all oil changes and due to this they'd like to take a look at the top of the engine. Any comments on this, is it normal practice for before covering warranty work?

Maybe looking to see if its all sludgy in there, which might indicate poor oil change intervals?, then they can deny your warranty work? That would be my guess.

They are looking for problems that could have occured by poor maintenance. Once they find something that shows negligent servicing, warrenty work will not be covered. I would suggest not taking your car to a shop anymore for oil changes etc...Do it yourself and make sure it's done right. They could use the wrong oil, and have been known to re-use oil filters and so on. Good luck though, hopefully no out of pocket is needed.

They are looking for problems that could have occured by poor maintenance. Once they find something that shows negligent servicing, warrenty work will not be covered. I would suggest not taking your car to a shop anymore for oil changes etc...Do it yourself and make sure it's done right. They could use the wrong oil, and have been known to re-use oil filters and so on. Good luck though, hopefully no out of pocket is needed.

Fact! I dont like anyone to work on my car except myself, then I know whats goin on with it and whats goin in it. Even the dealer did an oil change on mine once and left the same filter on... SMH, Plus they chipped my valve cover when servicing my VVT Actuator.

Back