Damit another ticket

Demonic-Speed

:
2003.5 MSP
Does anyone know how many tickets you can get before your license is in danger? I just got my second in 6 months...I was on my way back from from Springfest at 4:00a.m. and the cop got me...

How the hell you get a ticket in Illinois? All the cops hide in the same places every damned time. I'm 30 years old, and the cops are hiding in the same freaking places they used to when I was 16 years old.

Now Wisconsin cops, they're asassins. Last October I had to go to Milwaukee, and the cop was shooting radar at Northbound traffic from the FAAAAARRR side of the Southbound lanes and calling in ahead. Luckily, there was an exit just ahead so I could ditch off and go eat breakfast while I hid, because I was going 100MPH easy.

I've only gotten 1 ticket in the last 8 years, and that was in Nevada for 7MPH over. It was like a $40 ticket or something lame like that. And I do not drive slow. I've had my MX up to its 135 MPH top speed multiple times, and had my 626 at its 115 top speed more times than I can remember. It's all about knowing where to look and what to look for. If you've got a two mile straight away with clear visibility in all the medians ...... if you don't see any cars in the median, go ahead and put your foot down. If you're coming around a blind bend and you see alot of brake lights ahead, slam on your damned brakes.

Cops don't have a degree in nuclear medicine. You don't need to be Doogie Howser to figure them out.

Last edited:
All of them are at night and those SOB's don't always sit with their parking lights on, so you can't see them. I am guilty, not complaining, I paid my fine, just want to see if the 3 ticket rule is legit....I blame Mazda...they should have include cruise control:)

i have cruise control on my manual no problems with it and ive been using it like crazy after i got my first ticket (going 72 in a 55 zone)

Demonic-Speed said:
All of them are at night and those SOB's don't always sit with their parking lights on, so you can't see them.

Taillights down the road from other cars for no reason is a great indicator cops are present. Or if you're still on aforementioned staightaway, you can still see reflections off thier cars. I've NEVER gotten pulled over at night. EVER. In 15 years of driving. Pay attention to the road (instead of talking to your passengers or on the phone), and be quick with the brakes and there shouldn't be a good reason to ever get pulled over ..... ever

EDIT: I take back not being pulled over recently. I got pulled over last summer in Elmhurst. I was legitamately going 53 in a 55, and he said I was going 75. Then I started screaming at him, literally SCREAMING at him. I asked for his badge number and the address of the police station. He backed up, got back in his car and drove away. .(cryhard) I don't advise this method unless you're 100% in the right, and you don't mind going to jail if it doesn't work.

Last edited:
lakersfan1 said:
How the hell you get a ticket in Illinois? All the cops hide in the same places every damned time. I'm 30 years old, and the cops are hiding in the same freaking places they used to when I was 16 years old.

Now Wisconsin cops, they're asassins. Last October I had to go to Milwaukee, and the cop was shooting radar at Northbound traffic from the FAAAAARRR side of the Southbound lanes and calling in ahead. Luckily, there was an exit just ahead so I could ditch off and go eat breakfast while I hid, because I was going 100MPH easy.

I've only gotten 1 ticket in the last 8 years, and that was in Nevada for 7MPH over. It was like a $40 ticket or something lame like that. And I do not drive slow. I've had my MX up to its 135 MPH top speed multiple times, and had my 626 at its 115 top speed more times than I can remember. It's all about knowing where to look and what to look for. If you've got a two mile straight away with clear visibility in all the medians ...... if you don't see any cars in the median, go ahead and put your foot down. If you're coming around a blind bend and you see alot of brake lights ahead, slam on your damned brakes.

Cops don't have a degree in nuclear medicine. You don't need to be Doogie Howser to figure them out.

Not everyone who lives in Illinois lives in chicago where the cops dont give a **** if you drive 90 in a 65 as long as you are going with traffic. In champaign they will bust you for going 6 over if they are in a bad mood. And they take pride in hiding in blind spots with their lights off waiting for someone.

Familia323 said:
Not everyone who lives in Illinois lives in chicago where the cops dont give a **** if you drive 90 in a 65 as long as you are going with traffic. In champaign they will bust you for going 6 over if they are in a bad mood. And they take pride in hiding in blind spots with their lights off waiting for someone.

He didn't say Chicago, Joe. The troopers in Chicago are bad though - I got pulled over for doing 57 in a 55.....then they gave me a ticket for my tints instead.

Yea I totally agree, but there was not a damn other person on the ******* road...Hence why I tried to run it out:)

Corey

lakersfan1 said:
Taillights down the road from other cars for no reason is a great indicator cops are present. Or if you're still on aforementioned staightaway, you can still see reflections off thier cars. I've NEVER gotten pulled over at night. EVER. In 15 years of driving. Pay attention to the road (instead of talking to your passengers or on the phone), and be quick with the brakes and there shouldn't be a good reason to ever get pulled over ..... ever

EDIT: I take back not being pulled over recently. I got pulled over last summer in Elmhurst. I was legitamately going 53 in a 55, and he said I was going 75. Then I started screaming at him, literally SCREAMING at him. I asked for his badge number and the address of the police station. He backed up, got back in his car and drove away. .(cryhard) I don't advise this method unless you're 100% in the right, and you don't mind going to jail if it doesn't work.

Familia323 said:

I've been to Champaign many, many, many times. There are Chicago suburbs with sniper cops just as bad. But they still hide in pretty much the same places daily. If you ever pass a place a cop who is parked and radar gunning, make a mental note of the location and always be cautious of that area. That's the best you can do.

Familia323 said:

Try doing 90 in a 55 by me, and yousa go to jail FAST. The south and west suburbs of Chicago are notorious for giving ludicrous speedng tickets. s***, my dad got one in Tinley for 41 in a 40.

Well called the States Attorney, and I got probabtion, so I have to pay another 125 and I get 3 months then the ticket goes by by...

lakersfan1 said:

the cops have gotten a lot sneekier around these parts... I have had 4 tickets in the last 3 years all from illinois. The cops will sit on an over pass take radar and then radio it to a squad an 1/8th of a mile away. They also have this green camaro with limo tint that likes to race people then pull them over....he'll do a little fly by slow down and try and race. I live in joliet and have seen a black trailblazer, a white and a blue intrrepid, and an explorer. all unmarked and all without those goofy anenas everyone is used to seeing.

Back