damaged my 5 (with pix)

daan

:
06 "5"
I was driving to work the other night, a pickup a few cars ahead of me had big trash bags piled up in the bed. Well they weren't tied down or anything, and a few of them flew out of the bed. There was a car right next to me, and a median wall next to me, there wasn't a real lane between me and the wall, just a couple feet. Well, it was either hit the bag or the other car, so I chose the bag. Thank god it was just leaves, but it still damaged the front corner of my 5. This is the nicest car I've had, I've never had a vehicle this new or shiny and I wanted to keep it nice. (Well, despite all the scratches the wife has put in it so far but that's a different story) Anyway I wanna find the SOB who was letting his leaf bags blow all over and do this (nuts).
3044645655_1e3aa6c48e.jpg

3044645835_780ba344dd.jpg

3044646231_002cac9afb.jpg

3044646615_c346733d47.jpg

3045482856_6713b1d3a1.jpg

11-17-08037.jpg

So the bumper is pushed out, all the screws holding it to the fender around the lip are gone, and the thing where the fog light is supposed to be is flopping around loose inside the fender. I tried to push stuff back together, but I was afraid of snapping the tabs off of stuff. IN an somewhat related Q, if you get the fog lights, do they just snap in place of the panel thingys? There appears to be wires connected to the fog light panels on mine, just no bulbs anywhere.

I'm not sure about your question,

If I have to replace the fake fog light thingy anyway, I'd rather get the real fog lights if I don't have to do a bunch of wiring to install them. The link you provided helps a lot, thank you!

This is like the 4th or 5th story that I've heard where something falls off a pickup truck or a trailer or a work-truck and hits their car, and the victim never gets the plates of the other car involved!! WHY IS THAT!? I'm sorry but if that were to have happened to me, you can believe i'm following that asshole until I get a plate number and when I do, I'm calling the highway patrol and contacting my insurance company for a hit-n-run violation.

I'd like to gnab all the jackarse smokers throwing their cigarettes out the windows... I've actually dug em out of our fog lights and grill areas... I know... what are the odds... but for me its the principle. Its so funny here in Oregon all these worthless environmentalists throwing cigarettes out, now thats Soy Latte Irony if I ever saw it.

OK LETS CHILL

Not sure if you had this checked but the front of the 5 is like LEGO...

You can push back in the fog garnish and the bumper can go back in its clips assuming the clip did not break away from the frame (if it did you just need to replace that clip)

Sorry looked at it quick all is good dont let someone snowball you on a new bumper cover in front... looks fine wish I was there to man handle back in shape

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies. I ended up putting it all back together myself, only a couple clips all together were broken. Nothing rattles (well, nothing I can hear from inside anyway) but all the screws holding the bumper cover to the wheel well liner dissapeared. I may see if the dealer has a couple I can have when it goes in for the oil change in a couple weeks. I didn't get the licence plate # mostly because it was dark out, the truck was this POS with the plate just sitting in the back window, and I was too worried about getting in an accident with my little girl in the car. If I HAD gotten their info, they would definitely heard from the cops later that night.

you should'a thrown another horn in there next to the stock one while it was exposed.

OK LETS CHILL

Not sure if you had this checked but the front of the 5 is like LEGO...

yep, half the car is like lego :) i like that. i damaged one of my rear fog taillights and the bumper looked ridiculous. but after all i managed to simply put it all back together and only need to replace the red lens.

Back