CX5 Dim headlights?

Just bought a 2020 CX5 T:
I’ve noticed the headlights are quite dim at night and seem to aim pretty low. Took it to the dealership and they said that’s factory.
Anyone have remedy options?

Did you compare yours with others on the lot while you were there?

I guess it depends on what you have to compare the car too. We had a 16 RDX prior to our CX-5 and it definitely had better headlights. That was one area along with the seats, it had the CX-5 beat.

I guess it depends on what you have to compare the car too. We had a 16 RDX prior to our CX-5 and it definitely had better headlights. That was one area along with the seats, it had the CX-5 beat.
Yeah I normally drive German autos so maybe their headlights were brighter and if not, I could switch out bulbs. But this Mazda model doesn’t have that option where I can just replace a bulb or two.

I found my previous CX5 )(2020) had the headlights aimed too low. There are instructions around on how to raise them up a bit. I would never describe them as dim, however.

Obligatory question. Are you sure they were on? Not sure if you're in a country where the DRLs are on, but make sure you have them in the "on" or "Auto" position.

I found my previous CX5 )(2020) had the headlights aimed too low. There are instructions around on how to raise them up a bit. I would never describe them as dim, however.

Obligatory question. Are you sure they were on? Not sure if you're in a country where the DRLs are on, but make sure you have them in the "on" or "Auto" position.
That’s what I was thinking but the service tech @ Mazda said that the aim level is normal.
What’s the instructions?
And yes, I always have my cars in auto mode.

That’s what I was thinking but the service tech @ Mazda said that the aim level is normal.
What’s the instructions?
And yes, I always have my cars in auto mode.
Here's a thread that has some info.

My lights actually don’t look like that, see below.
Seems like they need to be adjusted (my model comes with auto leveling, according to Mazda service tech) on top of being quite dim (maybe because this model uses halogen bulbs)?

5A2C3383-95FB-4937-8E24-1CE026ADF12E.jpeg

My lights actually don’t look like that, see below.
Seems like they need to be adjusted (my model comes with auto leveling, according to Mazda service tech) on top of being quite dim (maybe because this model uses halogen bulbs)? View attachment 312189
They do look really low but I think it may be just the angle the picture is taken. You're going to have to measure it.
This is for the previous generation but gives you a rough idea.

LED projectors are standard from 2017+.

Here is a video which shows how to reaim them if you want to try that.

LED projectors are standard from 2017+.

Here is a video which shows how to reaim them if you want to try that.

I was told that but these lights are really dim compared to any other car I’ve owned hence I second guessed my info.

Back