CX-90 Trim details, Pricing and Fuel economy press release

Both links are the same. Seems like mazda.ca hasn't updated their pricing yet. But thanks for posting!

Another new safety and convenience technology is Cruising & Traffic Support, Mazda's most advanced form of active driving assistance, providing highway speed lane centering and adaptive cruise control for confident, hands-on driving.

Folks, Mazda finally did it. Lane-centering is here. Let's hope they did it right!

Folks, Mazda finally did it. Lane-centering is here. Let's hope they did it right!
Looks like it's called Road Keep Assist

1675790670142.png

Wow! Is the US ready for a $60k Mazda?
Well, Jeep Grand Cherokee L tops out at $65,710, a Chevy Traverse at $54,200, or even a Dodge Durango Hellcat at $104,000 :rolleyes:. How many of these end up being built and bought is a whole other matter.

That’s 11 models for what is ostensibly a lower volume vehicle for Mazda. And we haven’t seen the Signature yet. Can’t see that staying long, it will get simplified next year, for sure.

And although fuel economy is good, premium fuel for the high end I-6 offsets the economy. Thank goodness they offered the regular fuel I-6 in a high trim version.

Looking forward to seeing the PHEV fuel economy…

Well, Jeep Grand Cherokee L tops out at $65,710, a Chevy Traverse at $54,200, or even a Dodge Durango Hellcat at $104,000 :rolleyes:. How many of these end up being built and bought is a whole other matter.
Yes, that is the question. All the manufacturers have become enamored with highly optioned high priced big vehicles, selling to consumers with lots of pandemic savings and low interest 7 year loans. Those days are definitely coming to an end, affordability will make a comeback this year.

No surprises here price wise but 10 grand difference in Canada between current CX-9 GT and similar trim of CX-90 which is GT-P is reaching the level that I can not afford. I know there is a new engine and a new transmission with some nice extra features and overall the price level is similar to the competition but 60k level is a different game for me personally.

CX-90 regular GT does not have even ventilated seats in the front and they also went with the trend of dropping a bench seating in the 2nd row. Only basic trims have it. Personally I don't understand it. You are paying more for less seating because it suppose to be more comfortable and more convenient. I don't agree with that. Bench seat has exactly the same shape/height/comfort and you can accommodate one extra person or use a proper armrest with proper width. I don't care for pass through. 10 seconds of extra work to fold the seat to gain access to the 3rd row - not a big deal. Seating for the 3 in the 3rd row is a joke - maybe 3 5 years old ones.

Just for easier reference:

US Pricing ($USD)

PackageStarting MSRP
CX-90 3.3 Turbo Select$39,595
CX-90 3.3 Turbo Preferred$43,445
CX-90 3.3 Turbo Preferred Plus $45,900
CX-90 3.3 Turbo Premium$48,900
CX-90 3.3 Turbo Premium Plus$52,950
CX-90 PHEV Preferred$47,445
CX-90 PHEV Premium$52,900
CX-90 PHEV Premium Plus$56,950
CX-90 3.3 Turbo S$51,750
CX-90 3.3 Turbo S Premium$56,450
CX-90 3.3 Turbo S Premium Plus$59,950

Canadian Pricing ($CDN)

PackageStarting MSRP
CX-90 GS$45,900
CX-90 GS-L$49,300
CX-90 GS-L Enhanced Package$51,350
CX-90 GT$55,350
CX-90 PHEV GS$54,900
CX-90 PHEV GS-L$59,950
CX-90 PHEV GT$64,350
CX-90 GT-P$59,300
CX-90 Signature$63,300

Big open question is whether PHEV qualifies for the EV tax credit, and for how much. It should qualify for the basic $3750 since it is built in USA, presumably with the battery pack. The second $3750 for the minerals origin might not be qualified, depending on where they get the batteries. The full credit would make the PHEV pricing reasonable.

Treasury site still says waiting for Mazda to submit documentation.

Also, the CX-90 with the inline 6 looks to weigh the same as the CX-9 with the 2.5T. With the addition of another 90 HP, 50 lb/torque, and a 8 speed transmission, I am going to assume the CX-90 will be much faster than the CX-9. Very much competition with the MDX Type S.

Last edited:
I wonder if you can run regular grade fuel in the HiPo version of the I6 engine?

I wonder if you can run regular grade fuel in the HiPo version of the I6 engine?

I bet that you'll be able to. In the press releases, they mention that the 340 hp is with recommended premium fuel. Sounds like it can be driven with regular fuel at a lower power output, just like the 2.5T engine. I wonder what the HP/TQ rating will be on 87?

No surprises here price wise but 10 grand difference in Canada between current CX-9 GT and similar trim of CX-90 which is GT-P is reaching the level that I can not afford. I know there is a new engine and a new transmission with some nice extra features and overall the price level is similar to the competition but 60k level is a different game for me personally.

CX-90 regular GT does not have even ventilated seats in the front and they also went with the trend of dropping a bench seating in the 2nd row. Only basic trims have it. Personally I don't understand it. You are paying more for less seating because it suppose to be more comfortable and more convenient. I don't agree with that. Bench seat has exactly the same shape/height/comfort and you can accommodate one extra person or use a proper armrest with proper width. I don't care for pass through. 10 seconds of extra work to fold the seat to gain access to the 3rd row - not a big deal. Seating for the 3 in the 3rd row is a joke - maybe 3 5 years old ones.
I am with you on this one. It doesn t make any single sense not to have a bench standard on all trims especially on higher trims. Pay more and get less. This is really a deal braker.

On another note, that's a lot of though for Mazda especially in the GT and Signature models. I can't stomach such an increase, therefore will need to look how much cheaper will be the CX70, otherwise will switch brands.

Seems like the CX-90 3.3 Turbo S is the only trim with 2nd-row bench, 12.3-inch screen, and 21-inch wheels. Not sure, though, if seats are leather or leatherette. What’s with the fascination on 2nd-row Captain’s chairs?

Back