CX-9 USB issues

chris76

:
2018 CX-9 Signature
Our Android Auto and Car Play stopped working recently on our 18 CX-9 (along with NAV and USB data), although USB charging still works. I assumed it was a bad hub. I bought a new genuine hub and replaced it. Unfortunately it didn't. When I go into the diagnostics menu, it shows HUB1 as <off>. Is there an on/off setting for the hub, or is this most likely a wiring issue?

Update: I removed the screen and checked the connections on the back of the CMU head unit. All connectors were properly seated. Either this is a problem with the head unit itself (hardware or software) or the wiring harness between the hub and the head unit has become compromised. I have an appointment next Thursday at the dealer. I will report back.

Last edited:
Dealer says it is a bad CMU causing the issue. They wanted $1400 for a new one. I found one out of a 2020 CX-5 for less than $200 (several revisions newer than the one that came with the vehicle.) I’m going to swap it and see what happens. If all is good I’ll take it to the dealer and have them update to the latest firmware. Edit: I was able to obtain 74.00.311A which I will be installing myself. Wish me luck.

Last edited:
Replaced the CMU with the one that came out of the 2020 CX-5 and all is working perfectly now with CarPlay and USB hub. Updated firmware to 74.00.311A as well.

Back