CX-9 Rear wheel alignment problem

:
Mazda cx-9 2008
Hello. I have a rear wheel alignment problem. Mainly right wheel. Tilt angle of 2.5 degrees. The mechanic gave up the adjustment because he was afraid that he would break the screw. It says sealed in a sleeve. I used wd40 and I am waiting for the results. Looking at the photos, the suspension has 2 bolts per wheel for adjustment. Are these the same adjusting screws?

IMG20221006204017.jpg

The one on the left looks like the cam bolt that needs to be loosened to do the adjustment. It can be changed if needed to perform the job.

Whenever I am planning on an alignment on any of my vehicles I start soaking those cam bots with PB Blaster for about a week or two before bringing the car to the shop. WD may not do the trick for you, I would recommend a real penetrating oil.

Kroil & B'laster PB are the penetrants I've found to be most effective. WD40 does what the name implies...water displacing (40th attempt to get it right). Also wire brush the threads clean before you take it back to the mechanic.

Kroil & B'laster PB are the penetrants I've found to be most effective. WD40 does what the name implies...water displacing (40th attempt to get it right). Also wire brush the threads clean before you take it back to the mechanic.

I've never used Kroil, but I've heard it's great.

D92F27FF-BC9F-46CE-A9B2-482DCEA336E0_1_105_c.jpeg

I started buying big cans of Toyota branded Penetrating Oil at the dealership. Only anecdotal, but it's best penetrating oil i've ever used. It was a really good price also (Cheaper than Canadian Tire price for PB)

Surprisingly, they have decent stuff there; White Lithium Grease, Brake Cleaner, and Silicone Spray (It sprays out pretty thick, I use on the weatherstripping).

Back