CX-9 pricing in Canada

:
Ontario, Canada
So been looking around at Cx-9 GS in Southern Ontario (Canada). New 2023's are still going for around 44k (CDN) no discounts like the states, used is anywhere between 25k (for a 2018 with 120km on it) to 33k (for 2019 with 70000km on it) and 40-42kish for a 2022 (with a a dozen or two dozen thousand km on it). Its pretty slim pickings up here, but the discounts I see from US dealerships just arent here. I'm still kinda looking, but if a discount were available here for new I'd be more inclined to buy the damn thing.

I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on used just because of the price and I'm hesitant to buy new because I just know the second I buy one, their going to cut prices and I'm going to have a full priced one financed for 6 years or so.

Mazda USA always sells more units than Mazda Canada, I think it's always been that way. It could be part of the reason for why you're not seeing the same discounts here vs there.

Unless you're paying cash, buying new will be the same as buying used as you'll probably be financing both purchases. If I were you, I'd consider a 22 with a CPO warranty for peace of mind and the most up to date tech (screen, 360 camera, etc.). The 2018 is not a bad buy at ~25k, but there is the potential coolant leak issue for 2016-2020 models - just be aware of that.

I am not sure if this is 100% accurate but my Mazda dealer here in Vancouver area said that Mazda already stopped production of the CX-9 so unless there are still some units on the way here there won't be any new one coming and what they have got on the lot that's it. So I guess this is the reason Mazda here in Canada does not offer any special incentives, especially since dealers were only getting what was ordered by the customers. It's not like with CX-5 where there was always a few extra units on the lot not assigned to anybody.

Thats the message I've got from local dealers as well. I was originally looking used, and still sort of keeping my eye out on that front, the price of used is just nuts with financing. Unless I come across like new (2021-2022 low km) I'm not paying the prices they want.

CDN$44,000 = US$32,800.
That's a really good price.
"According to Statistics Canada, the average car loan interest rate in Canada is 7.65%." (About what you'll find these days. Expect rates to slowly go down. U.S. rates might not go down soon; the Treasury needs to sell about a trillion dollars worth of bonds to clear out the bottleneck caused by the debt ceiling discussions, and this can keep rates up even if the Fed doesn't increase rates this time.)
https://www.finder.com/ca/car-loans/car-loan-interest-rates

When are the CX-90s & CX-70s expected?

I saw CX-90 on my dealer lot in Ottawa this week and a bunch in Montreal in the May long weekend.

My local dealer has one or two CX-9 on the lot, and that is about it.

Yeah cx 90 mid and high trims are available in Canada; cx 70 and base trim cx 90 are coming in the fall/new year

Back