CX-9 OEM Tires

Philadelphia area resident, but I do head north to VT and Canada to ski in the winter. Winter performance is important, but not at the expense of ride comfort. I think I have BFGoodrich shoes at the moment, but they are noisy and uncomfortable.

Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3 or Conti Crosscontact LX25 will be my next set. I work from home and drive infrequently, mostly local. Treadlife is a distant concern. How well they grip and how comfortable they feel is key for me. You basically have one square foot or so total of rubber keeping you glued to the road. Cheaping out on tires is always a bad bet.

My 2018 CX-9 came new with Falkens. I’m having the dealership replace that set at 48k miles with the same tires. Mazda is running a special starting 9/1. You get one free tire when buying a set of 4. The price they quoted was comparable to an independent shop we sometimes use except the dealer costs less with the freebie.

I thought about changing tire brands. I realized I liked the way the car drove when I bought it new... Falkens are quiet, handle well and feel good on the road IMO. It’s part of the reason I bought the car to begin with. Why change now?

Last edited:
Back