CX-9 Front Fog Light Options

PJ171

2020 CX-9 Signature
Heyo All,

I love the CX-9 but boy are the factory fog lights pretty useless besides looking cool.

I'm curious if anyone has added after market fog lights to theirs? I could see needing some sort of brush/grill guard so I'm open to that.

Any options folks are aware of?

Not an easy solution, but @MGMGT16 designed his own brackets and mounted some aftermarket fogs with excellent results.

Happy to print some brackets and send your way if you’re interested. The Diode Dynamics SSC1s are significantly brighter than the stock fog lights and fit fairly well in the stock location

Should add that Morimoto makes a 1Banger that is SAE compliant, KC has their Flex Era 1 that is SAE compliant and then you have Rigid with their Ignite series that are not SAE compliant as well as Baja Designs with their C1 series that are not SAE compliant. I believe that covers all the aftermarket lights that are small enough to fit the stock location and from reputable brands. You may be able to find other options on Amazon or other online retailers but they will likely not be compliant.

I see you’re open to other options as well. If you want to go larger, let me know. I am currently running the highest performing fog lights on the market (DD SS3 Max) on my 2021 4Runner but have run Rigid (white and amber), Baja Designs (before they were found to be out of SAE spec and after they implemented the “fix”), and lower tier Diode Dynamics fog lights. All of the more available options will be 3 inch pods and will not fit in the stock location

Happy to print some brackets and send your way if you’re interested. The Diode Dynamics SSC1s are significantly brighter than the stock fog lights and fit fairly well in the stock location
Thank you!!! I may be game to do that as a summer project and will definitely let you know!

Super cool you made this 3D printed bracket too! Curious since its been a little while since you did it, anything you'd do different if you did it again?

Thank you!!! I may be game to do that as a summer project and will definitely let you know!

Super cool you made this 3D printed bracket too! Curious since its been a little while since you did it, anything you'd do different if you did it again?
For the stock location? Probably not. I went through 5 different iterations (I think it was 5, may have been more). Only posted 2 here I think. If I still had my CX-9, I would probably add some larger fog lights in the lower grille opening on the far sides. There’s some plastic already there so it wouldn’t impede air flow at all but would be significantly brighter for the really bad weather. The SSC1s are the best you can get for such a small package, but having some SS3 Maxes in selective yellow would be about the same as having 4x the SSC1s on either side 😃

For the stock location? Probably not. I went through 5 different iterations (I think it was 5, may have been more). Only posted 2 here I think. If I still had my CX-9, I would probably add some larger fog lights in the lower grille opening on the far sides. There’s some plastic already there so it wouldn’t impede air flow at all but would be significantly brighter for the really bad weather. The SSC1s are the best you can get for such a small package, but having some SS3 Maxes in selective yellow would be about the same as having 4x the SSC1s on either side 😃
Yeah, this was going to be my next "project." I was going to install a pair of SSC3 Pros on either side of the intercooler opening since there are plastic covers on either side. I was going to wire the SSC3s to the factory fog lights, so they would turn on when I turned the fog lights on. It shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Yeah, this was going to be my next "project." I was going to install a pair of SSC3 Pros on either side of the intercooler opening since there are plastic covers on either side. I was going to wire the SSC3s to the factory fog lights, so they would turn on when I turned the fog lights on. It shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Relayed I assume? I don’t think the stock wiring can take 3 additional amps safely. 3000k, 4000k, or 6000k? Also good to note that the Pros have a taller beam pattern than the Sports or Maxs which can result in glare to oncoming drivers if not aimed properly

Back