2016~2023 CX-9 Auto retract side mirror problem and blurry HUD

I recently got a 2019 GT with the auto retracting side mirrors. It's a great feature, but my passenger side mirror sometimes doesn't fully extend. When I gently wiggle the drivers side mirror, it is rock solid, but the passenger side has some give to it. If I play with the mirror knob on the drivers door, it will usually eventually finish extending, but I have to switch it between the L, middle, R, and retract settings a few times before it will finish. What do you think is causing that and can I correct it without returning to dealer?

Also, my Heads Up Display is kind of blurry / double vision effect. Is there any setting to focus it better?

But for these small details I am loving the car so far.

I have a 2019 CX-9 GT and have experienced some odd behavior from my power folding mirrors that I've posted about here previously and based on the lack of replies just figured I'm an outlier. Also the dealer has been unable to replicate my particular issue but it continues to happen intermittently. I don't have the problem that you do however so unfortunately am unable to offer any remedy.

Re: the HUD I would wonder if someone cleaned the projection lens while doing the dash and smeared it up which might result in a blurry display? Just a thought, good luck.

Upvote 0
I have a 2019 CX-9 GT and have experienced some odd behavior from my power folding mirrors that I've posted about here previously and based on the lack of replies just figured I'm an outlier. Also the dealer has been unable to replicate my particular issue but it continues to happen intermittently. I don't have the problem that you do however so unfortunately am unable to offer any remedy.

Re: the HUD I would wonder if someone cleaned the projection lens while doing the dash and smeared it up which might result in a blurry display? Just a thought, good luck.
Thank you. I will check to see if the HUD may be smudged.

When you wiggle your side mirrors, do they behave the same?

Upvote 0
My mirrors are solid once deployed and they fully extend. The problem I've had is that when the car is parked and ignition off and unlocked sometimes when you open the driver's side door the mirrors will start to automatically fold, but only part way then will redeploy. If you open and close the door repeatedly it will do the same thing each time. Come back in an hour and it won't do it at all and may not do it for days at a time. There have been times when the car is parked, engine off, doors unlocked and the mirrors will fold shut on their own. The dealer has no clue and we're thinking demonic possession.

Upvote 0
There is a TSB for this issue, could be a minor friction issue, which may or may not show, depending on environmental factors, or it could be something else.

Here is a link to the TSB, much more details in that:

TSB 09-010/21

Upvote 0
Thanks for posting this TSB, I had shown the dealer the earlier version of this TSB #09-011/20 but it didn't explain my bizarre problem. Obviously something's up with these mirrors on some vehicles. Hope it fixes your problem.

Upvote 0
Back