CX-7 2.5L Swap issues…Help!

Replaced the 2.3l turbo engine in my 07 mazda cx7 with th 2012 2.5l engine, ecu tcu ect. And wiring harness in engine compartment and under the dash I have swapped but the 2.5l engine harness has 4 trans plugs and the 2.3l Trans has 1.

What do I do? I have sunk so much into this and for it to still not move…I'm beat.

After doing a bit of Googling, I found that the 2.3L Turbo engine comes with a six speed automatic transmission. The 2.5L NA engine comes with a five speed automatic. That would explain the difference in engine harnesses and transmission connectors. So I think you would have to swap transmissions too, or see if you can find someone to modify one of the TCUs or engine harnesses to get it to work.

Do you or Anyone no where a 2.5L transmission is...
And it not cost me any limbs...cause I've put everthing I have in it. The 2.3L that came out I bought new turbo, head, trans cooler, ac condenser, timing ( everything is new). I just don't have much more and I'll even swap motor and trans for just a 2.5L transmission. The only thing the 2.3 needs is pistons

And it not cost me any limbs...cause I've put everthing I have in it. The 2.3L that came out I bought new turbo, head, trans cooler, ac condenser, timing ( everything is new). I just don't have much more and I'll even swap motor and trans for just a 2.5L transmission. The only thing the 2.3 needs is pistons

Sorry but you'd have to source that out yourself. Try junkyards or auction houses - sometimes when a car is written off by insurance, it will get sold at auction by the insurance company to recoup their losses. You would have to buy the whole car in that case, but if it was a CX-7 and it had the non-turbo 2.5L, it would have the right transmission.

Back