CX-50 North American Assembly - Quality?

I wonder if it has laminated windshield and glass on driver/passenger windows like CX5 or that was also downgraded

Redline Reviews: mentioned at 16:38
Personally I would like my cx5 to not have nice materials right under the window in the back seats, because when my dogs are drooling on the nice material with their heads out the windows it's painful, I'd rather they drool on plastic. But if they're going for premium, I don't know why 5 years later they are taking steps back.

Seems to me it’s a matter of “give and take”…The CX-50 is going for a more rugged / lifestyle feel so I don’t think it’s trying to be a more premium CX-5. Some might say it’s going for a more “capable” CX-5.

That said, it appears the CX-60/70/80/90 is definitely going to be more premium than the CX-5 and CX-50 (potentially in almost every way).

I wonder if it has laminated windshield and glass on driver/passenger windows like CX5 or that was also downgraded
I just check this today. On my '22 CX5 turbo, the windshield and the driver/passenger window glass are laminated. All the others (including moonroof) are safety glass only.

That appears to be true. One of the reviews I had watched highlighted this. In the top trim model they were reviewing, Mazda uses harder, cheaper plastics on the rear door cards.
I knew it. Can't blame Mazda, your average driver isn't going to notice/mind.

I knew it. Can't blame Mazda, your average driver isn't going to notice/mind.
My thoughts too.
With the obvious intended customer being more outdoorsy, this makes sense to me. I've already seen people commenting on how they want their dogs in these rigs, so hard surfaces that are easier to clean seem smart.
Our dog has never been and will never be in my cx5

Back