CX-5 Turbo warm up time?

Hyper Grounding added 8whp and 2mpg? This sounds like BS to me! If this method of grounding is that much better, I suspect that vehicle manufacturers would have adopted it in the design of their cars.
I agree, considering the lengths they are going to squeeze out better economy--engines and transmissions designed for thinner fluids, tire choice, aero, dynamic pressure turbos, combustion optimizations, and so on.

Hyper Grounding added 8whp and 2mpg? This sounds like BS to me! If this method of grounding is that much better, I suspect that vehicle manufacturers would have adopted it in the design of their cars.

I agree.
I think the "hyper grounding" tagline would be closer to "May restore the 2mpg and 8hp you lost over the many miles/years due to corrosion and breakdown of the factory wiring, but first just try cleaning all your ground terminals."

Regardless of which vehicle, if manufactures could gain 2mpg on the EPA numbers, I'm sure they would be all for that, especially these days.

I have a turbo model too. If the temperature is above 40 to 50° I rarely give it more than a few minutes for the RPM to settle in. Single degree temperature or if you’re so in the car parked overnight in those cold weather temps I definitely give it a little bit longer to warm up. I love remote starts but still leaving with the remote start and 5-10 minutes (park outsid). The car still reads cold. These cars need to be driven for to warm up so it’s best to keep RPM as low as possible and stay out of the gas (no full throttle) until you see that temp gauge rising up

Modern CX five has active grills for just that purpose. They closed to help the car warm up faster but once the car gets moving, they open up don’t remember where I’ve read it but I believe it was in a brochure or something in the forms.

Modern CX five has active grills for just that purpose. They closed to help the car warm up faster but once the car gets moving, they open up don’t remember where I’ve read it but I believe it was in a brochure or something in the forms.

TOO COOL!

Years ago, Dodge Rams had active shutters on their pickup trucks.

I have "manual shutters" on my diesel pickup truck, a winter cover over the coolers AND zip tie covers over the grill. LOL It takes forever to heat up these massive cast iron beasts. These two items combined with an exhaust brake that comes on at idle and puts a load on the engine speed up heating the engine.

Mazda continues to impress me with how well they thought out these cars. Borrowed some of best ideas from others and came up their own.

I have put 110v stick on heating pads on our race car oil pan to get heat into the engine quicker. It burns Methanol and it's not easy to get it up to temperature. I might experiment with one of these on the CX5 with a timer. Warming the oil any time during the year is a good thing.

My diesel has a coolant block heater and I added 2 magnetic oil pan heaters. I have them on a timer and heat the engine up an hour or two before driving.

This is a cheap easy mod that will extend the life of the engine/turbo.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

or

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Last edited:

Which modern CX-5's have this? My 2016.5 certainly does not. The clip above mentions a Mazda 3, nothing about the CX.

Hm, I wonder if it was removed in newer MYs due to part scarcity, similar to what happened with NA CX-5s not having CD or auto start/stop. Or maybe they just determined that the part wasn't worth the benefit to the car (or maybe it never needed it to begin with).

Update: Rechecked found open shutters on lower part of grill, I was looking at the upper part. Shutters ware open right now engine is warm. I will see if I go out latter and check them when cold if they are closed. They feel like they are moveable.

Update: Rechecked found open shutters on lower part of grill, I was looking at the upper part. Shutters ware open right now engine is warm. I will see if I go out latter and check them when cold if they are closed. They feel like they are moveable.
Update 2: Just went out and checked on cold engine outdoor temp 34F louvers open, started car and check, louvers still open. Don't know under what circumstances they would close If they close, otherwise why would they be there.
Car does seem to take a long time to warm up.

Back