CX-5 Service mode stuck

Rear passenger wheel.stuck service mode doesnt come off ..all other wheels R rotating though.
Spindle rotates for 20 seconds but doesn't unlock brakes;(((
Help please
Thank you

Phil

UPDATE UPDATE
Update: Right rear caliper was dead. I replaced it $230 OEM, could have waited 8 days for a aftermarket one $130 but needed the car right away.

Last edited:
Rear passenger wheel.stuck service mode doesnt come off ..all other wheels R rotating though.
Help please
Thank you

Phil
Update...
Tried to manually release pressure from rear of faulty caliper but ...nothing. Brake pads are compressing the rotor ...doesnt rotate a bit .
Ill pinch the brake hose and might open bleeder a bit tonight to see if I can release caliper....TBC

Upvote 0
Are you working with a Service Manual? Attaching relevant section on parking brake, I think it would be useful if you don't have it already. There is a section called ELECTRIC PARKING BRAKE FORCED RELEASE PROCEDURE that may be relevant.

Attachments

• PARKING BRAKES.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 53
Upvote 0
Are you working with a Service Manual? Attaching relevant section on parking brake, I think it would be useful if you don't have it already. There is a section called ELECTRIC PARKING BRAKE FORCED RELEASE PROCEDURE that may be relevant.
I already found video on forced parking release procedure but thank you

Upvote 0
Make sure not to spin the piston. When you force release the caliper, after few rotation you will feel the resistance, STOP right there. Do not forcefully spin it.

Upvote 0
Help please
Thank you

Phil
Update: Right rear caliper was dead. I replaced it $230 OEM, could have waited 8 days for a aftermarket one $130 but needed the car right away.

Upvote 0

Latest posts

Back