CX-5 Oil Change with Filter

that are close, not exactly the same

I got these, they work well, you get a lot more for the same price,
no need to spend $$$ on panel fasteners, they all pretty much work the same way as long as they are the 8mm diameter type...
just use a flathead screwdriver to pop them and they loosen then use a non-marring fork shape panel tool or pliers to remove the fastener

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Last edited:
Ordered

I got these, they work well, you get a lot more for the same price,
no need to spend $$$ on panel fasteners, they all pretty much work the same way as long as they are the 8mm diameter type...
just use a flathead screwdriver to pop them and they loosen then use a non-marring fork shape panel tool or pliers to remove the fastener

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Thanks so much I ordered some today.

You are lucky in the states or canada you can find cheap OEM filters. I have no idea where to find them here in Australia and they are not being sold in any spare parts shops.

Suggest you go with oem as a lot of filters will fit that are not designed for the two stage oil pump in the CX-5

You are lucky in the states or canada you can find cheap OEM filters. I have no idea where to find them here in Australia and they are not being sold in any spare parts shops.

doesn't Amazon or some eBay sellers ship to Australia? Agree with other posters stick with the OEM filter for the Skyactiv engine.....

they're pretty cheap on Amazon, sold in packs of 10, bad thing is they don;t come with the aluminum washer......

you want p/n 1WPE-14-302 for CX-5

doesn't Amazon or some eBay sellers ship to Australia? Agree with other posters stick with the OEM filter for the Skyactiv engine.....

they're pretty cheap on Amazon, sold in packs of 10, bad thing is they don;t come with the aluminum washer......

you want p/n 1WPE-14-302 for CX-5

Amazon currently doesnt do business or ship to Australia..... however they are talking about opening here sometime soon.

⋯ you want p/n 1WPE-14-302 for CX-5
Actually you want to get PE01-14-302A if you can find one!

There're now 3 OEM Mazda SkyActiv oil filters:

OEM Mazda
SkyActiv Oil Filters
PE01-14-302AMade in Japan.
Best quality by visual comparison.
Comes with greased O-ring type gasket、
shrink wrapped seal on top preventing dust、
and packaged in a sealed paper box.
1WPE-14-302Made in Thailand.
Smaller in outside diameter than PE01-14-302A.
Comes with greased O-ring type gasket、
shrink wrapped seal on top preventing dust、
and packaged in a non-sealed paper box.
PE01-14-302A-MVMade in Mexico.
"Value" line OEM maintenance parts.
Comes with non-greased flat gasket、
shrink wrapped seal on entire filter、
and no paper box.

I use/like the fram because of the material they put on the outside and the price at walmart. I wonder if there is any other filter out there that uses the same type material? Or are we forced to use a filter wrench?

I have also heard about the cardboard thing too, but also have figured that they have sold millions of filters and continue to do so. I have never had any problems with any of my cars and family's cars. BUT if there is a filer that has that grit on the outside I have NO loyalty to fram and would easily change.

Thanks for the link! Good info.

Puralator Pureone filters have that textured coating over the whole filter. They are consistently rated as one of the best filters. I use them exclusively on my vehicles

Changed the Mazda's oil for the first time last week.

Easy peasy.

I used two small 'ramps' made from a 2"x10" scraps of treated lumber to raise the front 2", just enough room to make the job easier while laying on my back under the car.

I dumped 5 quarts of Mazda moly oil in after installing a new filter and called it good.

Right after that took a 5 hour road trip and got the best MPG yet, nearly 30 mpg @ 75 - 80 mph.

Guys, as alternative to OEM filter, what do you think about Ryco High Efficiency Z436ST ?
We only have 1WPE-14-302 available in Australia.

Guys, as alternative to OEM filter, what do you think about Ryco High Efficiency Z436ST ?
We only have 1WPE-14-302 available in Australia.
Wix 57002 filter is the only aftermarket filter in the US claimed specially made for Mazda SkyActiv-G engines. But even that the specs and quality are questionable. I'd agree with madar, "Value Line" or not, just use OEM filter whatever Mazda throws to us.

⋯ Wix 57002 filter is specially made for Mazda SkyActiv engine.
maybe not such a good substitute...

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3446537/1

I'm fine with the 302s, mainly because I had them before from the dealer and didn't notice a difference with fit or installation lol, which is what I'll probably get from amazon. Sad to see Mazda is going this route, and I realize it's part of the business but I wonder what else they're cheaping out on. With all the R&D they did on redesigning this engine, oil filters don't seem to be the area to be doing this IMO.

Actually there's a newer PE01-14-302B oil filter in Japan used in 2017 CX-5. Not sure if this revised "B" version Japanese made oil filter would be available in the US?

attachment.php

IMG_0067.PNG

Actually there's a newer PE01-14-302B oil filter in Japan used in 2017 CX-5. Not sure if this revised "B" version Japanese made oil filter would be available in the US?

attachment.php

View attachment 216907
THat's what I've found: PE01-14-302A is made in Japan. PE01-14-302B is made in Mexico. 1WPE-14-302 is made in Thailand.
Doesn't make any sense, seeing that that one on the pic is made in Japan.

THat's what I've found: PE01-14-302A is made in Japan. PE01-14-302B is made in Mexico. 1WPE-14-302 is made in Thailand.
Doesn't make any sense, seeing that that one on the pic is made in Japan.
That's really strange. Our "Value Line" OEM PE01-14-302A-MV oil filter is made in Mexico.

attachment.php

View attachment 216907

I changed the oil in my 16.5 CX-5 last week for the first time. The oil filter that came from the factory was the PE01-14-302B oil filter made in Japan, as pictured above. The filter that I bought online was the PE01-14-302A oil filter made in Japan.

I changed the oil in my 16.5 CX-5 last week for the first time. The oil filter that came from the factory was the PE01-14-302B oil filter made in Japan, as pictured above. The filter that I bought online was the PE01-14-302A oil filter made in Japan.
Thanks for the info. So apparently there's a running change in Japanese oil filter from "A" to "B" during 2016.5 production cycle. Now I assume we won't see any Japanese filters until the stock of all older version filters is nearly exhausted.

Back