CX-5 Model Year 2023 Firmware Update

:
ASH8
The new 2023 Model Year Mazda CX-5 made from December 2022 onwards has an issue with Android Auto.

For those who do not know every Car Maker must apply to either Apple or Google LLC for Certification to use their Software in their cars infotainment system.

Unfortunately for the CX-5 production, Google LLC was somewhat delayed in approval for the use of and left no option but for Mazda to continue vehicle production and ship cars to Dealers with some Customers without any Android Auto use, MMC knowing this would and should be rectified during the cars PD-Inspection or the cars first service for new Mazda owner.

As we know there are always some cars that slip through so IF your all new KF CX-5 for 2023 model year does not have a fully functioning (working) Android Auto then YES there is a free Mazda Connect update waiting for you for the Dealer to install.

This Firmware is all new EU08 version for KF CX-5 exported to Europe and UK with a VIN from 350000 (last 6 digits) Onwards, so if your CX-5 is within this range (obviously with a higher VIN (number)) and has no working Android Auto then Contact your Mazda Dealer about the installation update of EU08 10012.kwi Firmware file, or if you wish you can update yourself by downloading the 1.18GB file and installing via instructions supplied.
I can assist you with these file and details ONLY if you provide your Verified VIN Number.

Installation is very easy, however, I would still prefer you get this update done by your Mazda Dealer first, if they fail to update or you are not able to attend any Mazda Dealer to get new update done then I am more than happy to provide you the file obviously free of charge.
Again you must message me privately with your 2023 CX-5 Full VIN (Number).

Happy Motoring.

The Mazda Motors Europe Campaign Bulletin number is AP027A.
Many thanks to my Mazda Dealer friend in Germany for this new advice.

Mazda VIN JMZKF**** 90 350008~

Mazda CX-5 for EU/UK made from 6 December 2022 through to 29 March 2023.
Australian versions similar date's and yes EU08 Firmware works for 2023 Australian CX-5s.

2023 Mazda CX-5s made AFTER March 29th 2023 will already have this new updated Mazda Connect Firmware.

IF your 2023 Mazda Connect version is BELOW EU08 10012, like EU08 10008 then YES you can also
update your Mazda Connect.
EU08 is ONLY for Mazda CX-5's made from and inc Model Year 2023.

It is NOT and will not install on 2021 or 2022 model CX-5's they all use EU03 Firmware.

Last edited:
HI ASH8, thanks very much for this update, I have been talking with both my dealer and Mazda UK, both say they don't have the update yet, how easy is it to do the update myself.

Can you help with the Australian version? Just picked up a CX-5 and the dealer didn't do the update before I picked it up and can't get me back in for another 3 weeks. I need Android Auto now.
Got the update off ASH8 and completed the update without too much hassle, needed a few tips from ASH8 (just needed to find a USB C to A adaptor) and all went smooth. Now I have Android Auto working.

Can you help with the Australian version? Just picked up a CX-5 and the dealer didn't do the update before I picked it up and can't get me back in for another 3 weeks. I need Android Auto now.
Yes and you did this update, now have working Android Auto on your 2023.

My 2023 CX-5 prompted my that there is a new software update, this was only 2 mb in size and took a couple of minutes to install. After that Android Auto logo appeared on the main screen (I use Carplay so wasn't even aware Android Auto is missing)

Is this the same update you refer to? You mentioned it's 1.18 gb in size so I'm a bit confused.

My 2023 CX-5 prompted my that there is a new software update, this was only 2 mb in size and took a couple of minutes to install. After that Android Auto logo appeared on the main screen (I use Carplay so wasn't even aware Android Auto is missing)

Is this the same update you refer to? You mentioned it's 1.18 gb in size so I'm a bit confused.
OTA, over the air updates are always smaller, usually about 20% roughly of the full version I list.
OTA is usually about 200 to 250MB.
Look up your Version Number after this update....

1. Turn the ignition to ACC or to ON.
2. Select ”Settings” on the Home screen.
3. Select “System Setting”.
4. Select “System Information”.
5. Select “Version Information”.
6. See 'System Software'
Version Number is revealed.

The Mazda Motors Europe Campaign Bulletin number is AP027A.
Many thanks to my Mazda Dealer friend in Germany for this new advice.

Mazda VIN JMZKF**** 90 350008~

Mazda CX-5 for EU/UK made from 6 December 2022 through to 29 March 2023.
Australian versions similar date's and yes EU08 Firmware works for 2023 Australian CX-5s.

2023 Mazda CX-5s made AFTER March 29th 2023 will already have this new updated Mazda Connect Firmware.

IF your 2023 Mazda Connect version is BELOW EU08 10012, like EU08 10008 then YES you can also
update your Mazda Connect.
EU08 is ONLY for Mazda CX-5's made from and inc Model Year 2023.

It is NOT and will not install on 2021 or 2022 model CX-5's they all use EU03 Firmware.
As of 9th June 2023.
2021.5 CX 5.

I have had the dealer update my infotainment system and this is the Version displayed on screen settings now:

Ver. 7000C0A-NA03_11048
Please advise if this is the LATEST software vversion?

THIS IS FOR Signature turbo model, North America.
Thank you

The new 2023 Model Year Mazda CX-5 made from December 2022 onwards has an issue with Android Auto.

For those who do not know every Car Maker must apply to either Apple or Google LLC for Certification to use their Software in their cars infotainment system.

Unfortunately for the CX-5 production, Google LLC was somewhat delayed in approval for the use of and left no option but for Mazda to continue vehicle production and ship cars to Dealers with some Customers without any Android Auto use, MMC knowing this would and should be rectified during the cars PD-Inspection or the cars first service for new Mazda owner.

As we know there are always some cars that slip through so IF your all new KF CX-5 for 2023 model year does not have a fully functioning (working) Android Auto then YES there is a free Mazda Connect update waiting for you for the Dealer to install.

This Firmware is all new EU08 version for KF CX-5 exported to Europe and UK with a VIN from 350000 (last 6 digits) Onwards, so if your CX-5 is within this range (obviously with a higher VIN (number)) and has no working Android Auto then Contact your Mazda Dealer about the installation update of EU08 10012.kwi Firmware file, or if you wish you can update yourself by downloading the 1.18GB file and installing via instructions supplied.
I can assist you with these file and details ONLY if you provide your Verified VIN Number.

Installation is very easy, however, I would still prefer you get this update done by your Mazda Dealer first, if they fail to update or you are not able to attend any Mazda Dealer to get new update done then I am more than happy to provide you the file obviously free of charge.
Again you must message me privately with your 2023 CX-5 Full VIN (Number).

Happy Motoring.
Where can I get the latest update? 2016 North America CX-5

Anyone having issues with Android Auto connecting? My 2016 X-5 (NA v. 334) use to identify my phone and start android auto. After a OS update this no longer works. I am thinking of upgrading to v 70.00.367 to hopefully rectify this issue. Has this happened to anyone else, is there a link to the .367 firmware version for NA?

Back