CX-5 Inner and Outer Door Sill Scuff Plates from China

:
Virginia
:
2021 CX-5 White
These worked out quite nicely, especially the inner plate. All the protective coating has not yet been removed. I left it on so you could see the writing better.

The items were sourced from China on eBay. Seller is very communicative, and shipped in two boxes due to weight.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I had to use extra 3M double sided adhesive. Tried a roll of 10 lb tape, 1 inch wide and applied over the Seller pre-installed 1/4 inch 3M tape. Also added strips in the center portion of the sill trim pieces.

0t08.jpg

9lsc.jpg

Edit: cannot get pictures to show up....will try another method

Last edited:
I had to search for awhile for these. The inner sills are available but say CX-5, which is OK, but then the outer sills all say CX-5, and who wants 8 CX-5 sills? 4 is almost too many already. Skyactiv seemed to solve the problem, except everyone says what the heck is Skyactiv technology....what does that have to do with a car?

I actually bought these were to solve a specific issue where my wife was unintentionally dragging her feet across the inner sill, despite trying to be careful, and it looked highly scratched. We had previously talked about getting the the outer sill plates because the paint looked very vulnerable, but I noticed the painted outer sills were in pretty good shape, but not so the inner sill. The inner sill allows her to step on it, if she wants to and not worry about dragging her feet across it.

Back