CX-5 Home button sticking

Actually the dealer told me they see this button on the center console freeze frequently. Claim that owners are at fault for spilling liquids on buttons placed horizontally behind the gear shift. Over $800 to fix! Not covered by extended warranty if they determine it is not a manufacturer defect.

I say it's a design flaw. Horizontal switches will always get dust and moisture in there.

Anyone run into this? My car only has 45k miles

My wife’s 2018 cx9 (50k miles) does not, nor does my 2019 cx-5 (12k miles) exhibit this behavior. All buttons work fine. I don’t think anyone spills more beverages on a console than my wife.

No problems with my 2019, but the keyboard of my computer is a different story. Splashes from my coffee cup is the usual reason. That could be your root cause.

Actually the dealer told me they see this button on the center console freeze frequently. Claim that owners are at fault for spilling liquids on buttons placed horizontally behind the gear shift. Over $800 to fix! Not covered by extended warranty if they determine it is not a manufacturer defect.

I say it's a design flaw. Horizontal switches will always get dust and moisture in there.

Anyone run into this? My car only has 45k miles

There has been numerous threads here for "commander knob" stop doing <something>.

An $800 dollar fix seems excessive. The part is about $200, and that portion is quite easy to get to using simple hand tools.

This might help you find the part you are looking for (yes I realize this is for an older year but it gives you insight on howto find the part for your newer vehicle):

2019 GTR -- 60K miles -- no problems.

Not to mention, there are numerous videos online about getting in behind buttons and loosening things up with dental floss and a touch of ISO, for example.

No problems on my current ride, or my wife’s 3. This WAS a problem on the extremely problematic ‘20 RDX I briefly owned before jumping ship for my current CX5.

Had it happen somewhat early on when I picked up my '16.5 GT (when new) on the home button but a few days or so later it stopped. Still have this car and had no other issues with those buttons.

Back