2017~2024 CX-5 Driver door glass replacement

UPS came today to pick it up and return it to the Mazda dealer. No "Fragile" or "Handle with care" sticker or anything of that nature on the box. The box was delivered to me exactly how it is shown in the picture.View attachment 314902View attachment 314903View attachment 314901View attachment 314901
This looks like the seller didn’t add any protection to the factory packaging, and didn’t put any “Fragile” warnings for the UPS. Of course most boxes delivered by the UPS won’t be in good shape even with “Fragile” warning sign.

For some reason dealers can receive parts with very good shape in factory packaging. Once I picked a windshield up from the Mazda dealer for my hail-damaged CX-5, and the huge factory packaging was in excellent condition inside out.

I've used the insurance company to replace the windscreen and it jacked up my insurance rate. So no more. I pay the insurance because it's the law but I'd rather not use it.
You got the wrong insurance.

Good car insurance for good driving record(few to no accidents or traffic tickets) means no insurance increases unless you have more than 2 at fault accidents or multiple traffic tickets. Any park lot hit and run, tree damage, etc or even other driver hits you then insurance premium stays same.

You need to check a few more companies and pick another one.

You got the wrong insurance.

Good car insurance for good driving record(few to no accidents or traffic tickets) means no insurance
Shipping for the driver side window glass on your 2020 CX-5 should be relatively safe to me as long as they packaged the glass properly. The glass is laminated and the area isn’t too big. I actually was surprised you received a cracked glass.
increases unless you have more than 2 at fault accidents or multiple traffic tickets. Any park lot hit and run, tree damage, etc or even other driver hits you then insurance premium stays same.

You need to check a few more companies and pick another one.
This looks like the seller didn’t add any protection to the factory packaging, and didn’t put any “Fragile” warnings for the UPS. Of course most boxes delivered by the UPS won’t be in good shape even with “Fragile” warning sign.

For some reason dealers can receive parts with very good shape in factory packaging. Once I picked a windshield up from the Mazda dealer for my hail-damaged CX-5, and the huge factory packaging was in excellent condition inside out.
True it goes back to the workforce which is not what it used to be.

Have recieved multiple damaged packages and or/missing items over past few years.

That rarely happened in the old days.

Back