2014 Mazda3 GS + 2013 CX-5 Touring.
Here are the pics....

More pics to come..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    517.8 KB · Views: 5,683
the little rust colored specs?

That is likely rail dust or other contaminant that bonded to the paint.

Mine had a bit of that in the same area. Clay will often take those off. There are chemicals products that will dissolve the metal but they aren't cheap and often smell pretty bad.

Or the 'bubbles' in the paint at the bottom of the picture?

Last edited:
Man that whole picture looks jacked, the mazda emblem looks like it came off a 10+ yr old car, the bubbles in the paint job, the rust flecks, and what is that white spot to the left of the mazda emblem in the join?

Man that whole picture looks jacked, the mazda emblem looks like it came off a 10+ yr old car, the bubbles in the paint job, the rust flecks, and what is that white spot to the left of the mazda emblem in the join?

Jacked ? The emblem is on my girlfriend's 8 months old CX-5. These are not bubbles guys it's just water. We were washing the car. The rust flecks are the main problems. This is just the rear end but there is spot like that all over the car. The dealer will take pics and send them to mazda canada, at least that's what they said.

The white spot you're talking about must be the reflexion of a cloud.

This is an iPhone pic I will take some better ones later on...

I have similar specs going up the sides of the vehicle. However I suspect it is from putting wider rims on and flicking up debris. I purchased the rust protection package so if it gets worse the warranty will be fixing it :)

I once had Ziebart paint treatment applied to a car, I also worked at a steel works melting shop.

anyway I got brown to black marks in the paint work, nothing would remove them.

For that reason I never have any paint treatments applied.

I purchased the rust protection package so if it gets worse the warranty will be fixing it :)

I'm not sure a rust protection warranty would cover that.

It isn't the metal of the car rusting.

It is particles that have embedded themselves in the paint that are rusting on the paints surface.

here's one of the chemical removers in action:

I once had Ziebart paint treatment applied to a car, I also worked at a steel works melting shop.

anyway I got brown to black marks in the paint work, nothing would remove them.

For that reason I never have any paint treatments applied.

I'd think it was the steel works that caused it not the paint treatment. Especially since those don't really do much.

I'd avoid the paint treatments just because they are nothing more than an expensive wax job.

I'd think it was the steel works that caused it not the paint treatment. Especially since those don't really do much.

I'd avoid the paint treatments just because they are nothing more than an expensive wax job.

Well I worked there 25 years, had numerous cars, but only that one issue.

i had 3 white cars and that is from your brakes..its just plain old dust from your brake pads....and i recommend FALLOUT GEL...you can google it and find a retailler near you...you apply the gel let it sit for 5-10 minutes and rince..and i would apply wax after...you can easely do this in an afternoon...verry easy.

I have a pearl white paint and noticed same thing on the trunk of my car. I don't think it's brake dust. Looks more like some type of surface contaminant. Not sure how to get rid of it...

Not sure how to get rid of it...

I used clay on mine and it worked. The rust spots are gone and didn't come back.

here's a video of how to use the clay:

There are products that dissolve the contaminant like:
http://cquartz.com/pages.php?page_id=89
It turns purple where it reacts with the metal imbedded in the paint:
iron_car_bonnet_2.jpg

or
http://www.wolfschemicals.com/en/termek/brake-duster

If you use one of the chemicals above or similar make sure you rinse a lot as they stink.

Last edited:
just used the product ( Iron X ).. as others have said it did have a smell to it. the bottle said cherry smell but not much cherry smell at all... i sprayed my trunk lid as it had the most contaminents.. let it stay for about 5 min... washed it off with water and noticed much smoother surface.. lot less black spots in the paint... it was dark and a bit rainny outside so pics came out bad but I did like the result so I ended up doing the hood as well.. overall almost entire bottle was used but worth it.. only bad thing is the smell which I still smell it to this day and its been about a week.. LOL... would recommend this before using a claybar...

I have the little rust color specs throught my whole car as well. my neighbor has a 2008 CX 9 and it looks to have the same color white paint. The Cx9 has the little specs all over it also, no worse over time then mine.

Rust is impossible to prevent if you live in Canada and even worse near big cities such as Toronto where salt seems to be applied as if they have too much every winter

Back