CX-5 2022 cold engine coolant level is above F?

Hi guys!

I am new here and this is my first Mazda CX-5, 2.5L, 200 miles so far!

As you can see from the attached photo the cold coolant level is above the F mark.

There is no sign of coolant leaking out of the overflow hose, but still - I think it's too high..?

Should I level it with the F mark?

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Attachments

• Coolant LEvel#1.jpg
    Coolant LEvel#1.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
If it were mine, I likely would leave it alone and see what it does for awhile. Certainly wouldn't hurt to siphon some out into a container to put back in later if you need to. I think you'd be fine either way. Whichever makes you feel better :)

Congratulations on your new Mazda

I've seen some come from the factory like that lately. If you're really anal about it, take out a few ounces. It's not going to hurt anything if you leave it alone

I wouldn't be too concerned about the reservoir being over filled.

What year is your car and how many miles on it? I know that you mentioned 200 miles but is that the total? The reason that I ask is because the coolant in your tank looks very dark. Perhaps it's just the pic? Mine doesn't look so dark, even with ~30k miles on it.

When you drive enough to get the system really hot I think any excess will flow out the overflow, so you shouldn't have to worry about it.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the reservoir being over filled.

What year is your car and how many miles on it? I know that you mentioned 200 miles but is that the total? The reason that I ask is because the coolant in your tank looks very dark. Perhaps it's just the pic? Mine doesn't look so dark, even with ~30k miles on it.
I think it's the picture's exposure. The car is brand new and had 200 miles on the odometer.

Last edited:
When you drive enough to get the system really hot I think any excess will flow out the overflow, so you shouldn't have to worry about it.
I know it, and this is exactly why it bothers me as the flow-outed coolant can possibly damage the car paint (it says in manual). Additionally extra liquid causes an extra load on the water pump which is theoretically not good too.
Eventually, I leveled it.
Thank you guys for all your answers.

Back