CX-5 2013 AT / Engine / TPS / Traction Control lights on

athique

:
Mazda CX5 2013 FWD Full Option
Greetings,
CX5 - 2013 AT / ENGINE / TPS / TRACTION CONTROL Indicator lights are on (AMBER) , while driving RPM struggles to shift, acceleration lags.

Mazda Service Center guys did a reset its better to drive now , suggestion is to change the transmission which is a huge cost.

Any advise and direction to resolve this will be very much apprecaited.

How many miles on ODO, was the ATF (tranny fluid) ever changed?
Might just need new fluid. Start with the easy stuff.

Check and see if there was ever a TSB for the transmission. Newer models had some software upgrades to the trans code.

How many miles on ODO, was the ATF (tranny fluid) ever changed? Might just need new fluid. Start with the easy stuff. Check and see if there was ever a TSB for the transmission. Newer models had some software upgrades to the trans code.

its done 41K miles and never changed the ATF. Attached are the Trouble Codes.

Attachments

• mazda_cx5_2013.jpg
    mazda_cx5_2013.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 72
Update !

Now all the lights have turned off (AT / ENGINE / TPS / TRACTION CONTROL ).

While inspecting the AT Oil has a burnt smell, is it prudent to replace it ?

Update !

Now all the lights have turned off (AT / ENGINE / TPS / TRACTION CONTROL ).

While inspecting the AT Oil has a burnt smell, is it prudent to replace it ?
This TSB may relate to your situation. FZ has a little different smell than many ATFs and has a more acrid/chlorine like smell. If it is really burning you have a clutch set that is starting to fail and the issue may be deeper than a pressure switch. It is however not uncommon to have the switches fail. The first step is to pull the pan and see what debris is there. I've seen the switches fail on their own and I've seen them fail because they get a piece of debris inside them. It seems that part of the TCM update is done to make them less sensitive to debris. The caveat being if you have enough debris to cause the pressure switches to fail you have premature clutch wear happening. Pressure switch B is the one in the picture I'm pointing to.

Attachments

• MC-10136780-9999 (2).pdf
    738.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 20230828_125232.jpg
    20230828_125232.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 53
"Suggestion to change transmission"...gotta love that. Merry Xmas.

Love it when car companies do this. "let's make the problem go away by changing some s/w parameters"

This TSB may relate to your situation. FZ has a little different smell than many ATFs and has a more acrid/chlorine like smell. If it is really burning you have a clutch set that is starting to fail and the issue may be deeper than a pressure switch. It is however not uncommon to have the switches fail. The first step is to pull the pan and see what debris is there. I've seen the switches fail on their own and I've seen them fail because they get a piece of debris inside them. It seems that part of the TCM update is done to make them less sensitive to debris. The caveat being if you have enough debris to cause the pressure switches to fail you have premature clutch wear happening. Pressure switch B is the one in the picture I'm pointing to.
Will approach the local garage to do this. While Inspecting the pan and if needed this can be replaced with new ?

thank you for your time and inputs.

Back