Cut where indicated??

McGillea

Contributor
:
Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring
I purchased a WeatherTech cargo liner. The instructions said that if the vehicle has a subwoofer cut the mat where indicated. I can't find where the magical "cut where indicated" place is located. Does anyone know where I'm supposed to cut the mat? Stock 2014 CX9 GT with the tech package and Bose system/woofer.

The factory subwoofer is in the storage well under the rear. It doesnt take up any additional room inside the cabin, so you shouldnt have to cut anything.

Have you tried installing them yet? They should just lay in place.

Did you get the unaversal ones? I was looking at getting the same ones that were at Target. When you get them in please take a picture and share with us how they turned out.

The factory subwoofer is in the storage well under the rear.
I was hoping that maybe there was a section of the liner to cut out that would allow the subwoofer's port (which I can't positively identify) to better vent into the cabin. WeatherTech's web site states that the mat is marked where to make the cutout but I'm either too blind or dumb to find the "mark". There was more bass before installing the liner so I was hoping someone had already done this.

Did you get the unaversal ones? I was looking at getting the same ones that were at Target. When you get them in please take a picture and share with us how they turned out.
I have the model that is designed to fit the CX9 and it fits perfectly. I'm always loading/unloading musical equipment and it doesn't move or slide around.
Here is a link to what I bought.
http://www.weathertech.com/mazda/2014/cx-9/cargo-liner/

I was hoping that maybe there was a section of the liner to cut out that would allow the subwoofer's port (which I can't positively identify) to better vent into the cabin. WeatherTech's web site states that the mat is marked where to make the cutout but I'm either too blind or dumb to find the "mark". There was more bass before installing the liner so I was hoping someone had already done this.

I have the model that is designed to fit the CX9 and it fits perfectly. I'm always loading/unloading musical equipment and it doesn't move or slide around.
Here is a link to what I bought.
http://www.weathertech.com/mazda/2014/cx-9/cargo-liner/

The Bose "subwoofer" (more accurately it's a bass module I presume, as it's not truly a subwoofer) is completely contained on the drivers side of the under-floor cubby. There is nothing to vent into the cabin and nothing to block, as the load floor completely blocks it anyway. I suppose the bass could sound less impressive if a big rubber mat was over it, but this isn't due to airflow being blocked; it's designed to be down there.

mazda-cx-9-cargo-space_arrow_zpsjjtv58sw.jpg

Back