Custom Vinyl Surprise

Mazdamatic

:
Mazda 2 Sport
well since i work at a car wrap place my boss wants to wrap my car for shows/meets. i couldnt say no.

so here we go. should be done by thursday. friday at the most. want it ready for coffee and cars.

yes i know. steelies...i plan on springs and wheels soon. =]

have a teaser pic. lotsssss more graphics to come

-black matte vinyl
-glossy red vinyl
-silver metallic vinyl

serserser.jpg

Can you explain how this process works? But it looks sweet! Are they just basically gluing vinyl over your roof? I've never heard of it, but I like it.

Car wrapping has been around for years, google it for more info, but yes basically they use self-adhesive vinyl.

vinyl wrap = STICKERS....vinyl wrap is a cheaper way of decorating ur car instead of paiting it. however some vinyl could get expenssive depending on what design u have in mind and it also protects ur car paint from weather.

looks good man. Decided against the orange huh? How much would that have cost if you didnt get a discount?

Really like the matte black roof.... Hmmmm! I might have to look into it =P

thats me wrapping lol im learning, im mainly the graphic designer there but were wrapping my car for "advertisement'. idk how much its costing me cuz im taking it out of my paycheck. but ill tell you the roof matteblack cost 85 bux. to get what im getting (and youll see the finished pix soon) its around 1000. for a full wrap (not partial like mine) its around 1500. and yes its 3M auto vinyl. a b**** to work with and make sure there are NOOOOOOOOOOOO bubbles lol.

www.uawraps.com

im getting the logo on the front, on both sides. and partially on the back. plus some cool square stripes going up the car. then ima tint the lights.

pics tomorrow

Looks good already! I'm curious about how it will look when you're done :D

Wrapping carbon vinyl can be a real pain in the ass, i know because i wrapped my hood with it :p

3CxQF.jpg

Wait, your boss wants you to wrap your own car, so you can give your work free advertising, but they're making you pay for it?

Wait, your boss wants you to wrap your own car, so you can give your work free advertising, but they're making you pay for it?

im not paying. its free lol sorry for no update pics ive been traveling around having to install stuff for work. ill get pix at coffee and cars in the morning =]

Why do you need a heat gun to remove bubbles? I thought the vinyl was installed "wet" (like the 3M clear shield stuff) so you could smooth out any bubbles?

Different installers use different methods. Dry install is faster, but when you're stretching vinyl it NEEDS to be a dry application.

Wet installs are normally used for precut things.

Back