crazy parts bin engine mount upgrade! (OEM engine damper)

OK, I tried somewhat of a hard launch tonight (4500rpm burnout), and I got lots of wheel hop. However when I spun the wheel/s up powering hard out of corners it was pretty smooth and I didn't get any hopping in that case. It was also smooth powering out on wet roads last night too. Just don't do any burnouts and you will be fine. :)

I have AWR side inserts and front and rear stock mounts in new condition. Although I might try some more engine mount tampering, I think the best way to be over and done with wheel hop is 1 or 2 (vertical and longitudinal) engine dampers choicly positioned where they are most effective. It would be nice if this could be achieved with off the shelf brackets, bolts and wisely chosen dampers.

Cheers,
Gav.

uhh, you don't need to do a 4500rpm drop... I launched at 3000 before and my car took off like a bat out of hell, with NO wheel hop... I just heard the damper clunk a couple of times as I took off... no biggie

But you got FS torque with deisel/msp mount. Plus I'm not a burnout/hard launch efficionado at any rate. :p I might try another 3000/3500rpm attempt some day and see how it reacts. But the best thing was that it wasn't hopping on the way to redline powering out of corners on wet or dry roads. And that's more likely to happen than doing silly skids in a backroad in the middle of nowhere...

Summarily, unless you do something silly as noted above, it's a really effective mod. :) But if you do lots of drag racing, etc, you might want to pursue other options... I guess you could best describe this mod as improving your daily and spirited driving.

I'm still open for any help to get hold of a deisel mount. :D
Gav.

Last edited:
Back