Crackedd Exaust Manifold!!

JoeHoff04

Heyy everyone soo ive hadd my car for almost 2 years and today was the first day i decided to take my exaust shield off, come to realize i have a 1 to 2 inch crack in my manifold! (which probably caused my bucking and rough riding and all that) how do i go about fixing it?? or replacing it? i really odnt have a whole lot of money soo please just give me the cheapest way possible thankk you!

Did you buy it as a certified used car, they usually have 100k mile warranty if you haven't modded it to much you could try to get it repaired by the dealer. If you have that.

You could get the crack welded. Take off the manifold and take it to a welder. Just make sure that when they weld it, the flange is bolted down to steel, or else it will warp and be no good. I'd say that would probably be your cheapest route. The stock manifold sucks real bad. Even if you get it welded, it's almost guaranteed to crack again somewhere else. I would get it welded and save up some cash to buy an aftermarket.

You can weld a cracked manifold. Make sure they heat it to about 600 and then weld. Also make sure they clean around the crack. If you need a stock manifold I have one in the FS section.

Even if you clamped down or bolted down the manifold will most likely get warped from the heat. Have them resurface it if you get it welded. I need to have one resurfaced so I know how bad it sucks with the exhaust leaks.

I just took my thunder manifold off because it cracked again it's starting to piss me off. Thats the third time its cracked and no not on the same spot.

Here's another person that hates the thunder manifold.
Thunderkiller003.jpg

No, I'm a big guy. That's CustomMSP when he was here we would work on his car here at my house.

That's good to hear, I love my spool manifold. It has been on a few cars and been on and off of mine and now after that and the years needs to be resurfaced to stop a leak.

okayy thanx guys, now instead of just welding it, i just wanna replace it with a good aftermarket nothing fancy, wheres a good palce online to purchace one, besides the Thunder Manifold on Protegegarage.com.

Back