Cost of painting and installing DGM/Autoexe lips?

jdm_mp5

I just went to a paint and body shop today to get an estimate to get my DGM Carbon Fiber front lip installed. 500 bucks! That seems outrageous. That's more then what I paid for the lip. Can I get some input.

I might just get them to paint it and figure out how to install it myself. Anyone have any helpful directions or can direct me in the right direction of directions?

Thanks guys!

Thats ridiculous. I bet u could find a shop that could install it for less than $100. U probably could do it yourself just as well as they could...get some bolts, washers, nuts and a drill and u r in business.

Last edited:
can' you just install it yourself?
painting costs will be probably $150~200 range :)

jdm_mp5 said:
I just went to a paint and body shop today to get an estimate to get my DGM Carbon Fiber front lip installed. 500 bucks! That seems outrageous. That's more then what I paid for the lip. Can I get some input.

I might just get them to paint it and figure out how to install it myself. Anyone have any helpful directions or can direct me in the right direction of directions?

Thanks guys!

500.00 is a complete rip-off. Dont do it! (duh):D
I was quoted 550.00 to paint the sides of my DG hood. Cha-reet!!
Could'nt help but to laugh out loud. The guy looked at me kinda funny as I'm laughing!
For comparison, I had a whole entire hood painted with color changing multi-tone-paint, clear coat, the works and that was 450.00.
Go somewhere else. That shop is full of s***.:bs:

It's funny because the guy was looking at it and he's like...oh yeah, that's got to take at least 5 hours of work just to fit it on....I was like 5 hours, are you serious?

Yeah, I think I'm just going to get them to paint it and then install it myself. I've been searching around and it doesn't seem all that bad.

Some guy said just to start with the center then the sides and slide it under. He said it should be a tight fit. He also said that he just used the two bolts and that was it. Should I use some adhesive, or just stick with the two bolts?

My friend got his whole car painted for $350!!!

I went to get a quote for new clutch. it was over $700 and just thought the guy was crazy.

Got new clutch kit for $150 and got a mech to install it for another $150.

$400 saved.

Back