corksport vs. cp-e fmic

mazdaspeedkid

:
2007 MAZDASPEED 3 GT
im going to be buying a fmic in a week or so and i really like the corksport cause it gots the ramair intake and cp-e dosent but that dosent bother me i just want to know with one is better.

depends i guess, i alrdy had the ms cai so obviously cpe for me, plus their hq is right by my work so i got to meet the man behind it all, their shop is pretty chil place, they know what their doing thats for sure

depends i guess, i alrdy had the ms cai so obviously cpe for me, plus their hq is right by my work so i got to meet the man behind it all, their shop is pretty chil place, they know what their doing thats for sure

i like cp-e im going to get there tbe for sure i also have the cp-e intake but it rains in san antonio and when it rains it rains and i had past problems with the intake and a 3 feet of water

i really like the corksport cause it gots the ramair intake

Why in the name of zeus's butthole would you want your intake over the hottest part of the engine? I know once you are moving there are benefits to the ram air, but once you stop????
Kind of along the same principle as replacing the tmic with a fmic to avoid heat soak.
And, while I am sure they are resolved now, the original design of the cs had an incorrect maf housing.
The CPE fmic is simply one of the best engineered and built parts of any of the parts available for this motor.

ok i see what u mean with one has the bigger core? i know cp-e has great products i know i wont go wrong going woth it im just trying to make sure if im spending 1200 im going to get the best out there.

Ok, I see what you mean. Which one has the bigger core? I know cp-e has great products. I know I won't go wrong going with it, I'm just trying to make sure if I'm spending $1200 I'm going to get the best out there.

Don't be a size *****. Bigger isn't always better. Depending on how much air you're moving, you only need a certain amount of cooling capacity. Once you reach the point of being big enough, anything more does not yield better cooling, and just induces unnecessary lag time. The principle is called the rule of diminishing returns.

u guys should check out exhaustdepot.com its a known spot round my place.very known for streetracing parts very good in craftmanship n prices.they made the 500whp srt4 neon w/the intercooler they used so they have to be doing sumthn right.

well my questions whats the ups and downs on both these products and overall with one takes the #1 spot

What are you basing your criteria on?
If it is cost, then you are better off building an ebay intercooler. It's pretty easy and there are a few how-to's floating around on the various forums.
It will get you 80% of the way there for a third of the money.
If you are basing it on research and development (have you read Jordan's white paper on the cpe), performance, build quality and fitment...then there is only one choice.
It seems your questions have all been addressed...if ya wanna play, ya gotta pay..lol.
Good luck.

well i do got the cp-e cai and i loved it and i just finished reading the info on the cp-e's page and it looks like on friday i am proudly saying im going with cp-e fmic thank you all but i well also like to know other ppls info on this subject.thanks

let me know if you have any questions on the cp-e fmic, we've sold quite a few of them. send me a PM.

i just want to say that PROTEGE GARAGE is the number #1 go to ppl that i got to for me speed and they are going to be getting all my money lol. they well help you for anything you got questions for and well give you there honest opinion and facts thanks to all the ppl at PROTEGE GARAGE NO SU FOR ME!!!(yippy)

well duh, only reason i didn't go to pg for my front mount was that cp-e is located down the street from my work so ya lol no wait

Latest posts

Back