Corksport Mazda2 Exhaust System

UnZipHer15

:
Mazda 2, Miata, & P5
I believe i've seen a few people ask for a video for the Corksport Mz2 Exhaust so i decided to throw something together while i did the install last night and did some more filming this morning. Overall i am extremely pleased. Corksport makes fantastic products at a great price point with awesome customer service! I did the install myself and total work time was just over an hour. I used a jack as a second pair of hands! enough talk here's the vid!

btw nice vid, i wish i had the patience and a GoPro to be able to record and clip everything together like that

Nice vid, looks like you're using a DSLR on one of those mini-dolly sliders?

How do you feel about the noise level when you're driving the car? Is it more of an "aftermarket" sound, or is it more like something that would come stock on a more sporty car like an Si, MS3, or GTi? I'm trying to decide whether I want one or not.

Off topic question but your rear view mirror, how/where did you get a wider than stock one?

btw nice vid, i wish i had the patience and a GoPro to be able to record and clip everything together like that

thanks! a nice camera and right tools make it pretty simple... just takes a little time!

Nice vid, looks like you're using a DSLR on one of those mini-dolly sliders?

How do you feel about the noise level when you're driving the car? Is it more of an "aftermarket" sound, or is it more like something that would come stock on a more sporty car like an Si, MS3, or GTi? I'm trying to decide whether I want one or not.

filmed with a Canon T3i, GoPro, and a Motion Slider.

The sound is perfect in my opinion. In the cabin its not loud, its just right to where you can hear other people talking and you don't have to blast your music. Outside the car it gives a nice deep throaty smooth tone that isn't raspy or ricey.

Off topic question but your rear view mirror, how/where did you get a wider than stock one?

here's a link to a mirror. they are called the Broadway Mirror... i have the 300mm Convex

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

deff the best aftermarket muffler/exhaust from a major company.

the muff from RB is decent sounding. the HKS is too civic sounding. i think CS sounds the best.

Is there much drone with this system? I do almost all highway driving. If I have anything that drones, it won't stay on the car long.

I haven't been on the freeway yet but so far I haven't noticed any drone on my drives. I have a slight rattle at 2,200 rpm that I believe is heat shield related so I need to figure that out this week.

my heat shield is starting to rattle but only when im slowing down/right when i stop and my idle is 700. ill have to see. houston roads+tight suspension=like walking on rocks with 5 fingers.

i do about 100 miles a day in driving, and at least 50 miles is highway doing 80mph. It doesn't drone, your ears don't pop, your ears don't hurt or anything. My corolla's exhaust droned really bad and i got used to it after a couple months and i would drown it out with music. But the Mz2 exhaust is fine and you can have a normal conversation doing 75-80 mph not a whole lot of problems.

I need to adjust my exhaust too...the tip is making contact with the bumper and I rattle when i back up actually...otherwise sometimes i rattle at idle but not too often...it's all in the hanger adjustments and how far up you pushed your heatshield. I'll adjust it all again today for the first time since i installed it 2-3 weeks ago.

yeah i didn't play with my heat shield at all. i'll have to get under there and start pushing everything up

Here's rule of thumb (<LOL>) all heat sheilds on all Japanese cars eventually loosen and rattle. On all my Hondas and Nissans, I eventually snapped the 6mm screws and dropped the shields off. Just don't park in high dry grass.

John

Back