considering a speed6...

cjms3

hey guys, i llive in utah and needless to say we get some pretty bad winters... last winter was a b**** i was late multiple times to work cause i got stuck in the damn snowzorz. anyways sense then ive wanted awd. and in all honesty i feel like i jumped into the speed3 cause i thought people would think i was cool. and dont get me wrong i like it but the hatch has never really grown on me. i saw a speed6 today on the way home from the girly's house and realized how attractive they really are.. love the front end. (almost identical)but then i love the sides and the rear end is defiently a little more interesting. so im thinking of switching to speed6 what do u all think of the ms6? gotta love the perk of being awd and launching like a bat out of hell. ive heard its a bugger hat u can still only rev till 6k with them. how do thre trannies hold up? and can they launch as fast as a evo or sti? at least a wrx? another up i would think would be the extra engine bay room. im gonna have to take my speed3 to get a dp installed just cause im scared to even try to work in that engine bay. i think the speed6 would be a tad easier. also i know the mod support is not as great for the speed6 as the speed3 but there is some support establshd now with the speed name being a little more recognized. im sure i could pick one up pretty cheap to. my payments would go down quite a bit i assume. ANY input is greatly appreciated.

You sound really young.... are you 17? You bought a car because you wanted people to think you are cool? Do you have an iphone or itouch too? All this talk about 'launching like a bat out of hell' with AWD? How often will you need to (not 'want to' but 'need to') launch like like a bat out of hell?

Based on what you've said so far, whatever car you buy next you'll probably want to get rid of soon after getting. Doesn't matter if you get a Sti, Porsche, Volvo or Yugo. There's always something newer, 'cooler', faster, 'neater' out there and buying a Speed6 gives you a 3 year old car already. Remember, driving a 3 year old car is not as cool as driving a 2 month old car. It's also a lot cooler to have a car that was just released... get the Camaro.

You do not need an AWD car to handle winters. Did you have snow tires (not all seasons) on your Speed3? Will you get snow tires (not all seasons) for the Speed6 if you get it? AWD in the winter with summer tires is about as usefull as tits on a bull. AWD only helps the car accelerate faster, not corner better or brake any quicker.

hey guys, i llive in utah and needless to say we get some pretty bad winters... last winter was a b**** i was late multiple times to work cause i got stuck in the damn snowzorz. anyways sense then ive wanted awd. and in all honesty i feel like i jumped into the speed3 cause i thought people would think i was cool. and dont get me wrong i like it but the hatch has never really grown on me. i saw a speed6 today on the way home from the girly's house and realized how attractive they really are.. love the front end. (almost identical)but then i love the sides and the rear end is defiently a little more interesting. so im thinking of switching to speed6 what do u all think of the ms6? gotta love the perk of being awd and launching like a bat out of hell. ive heard its a bugger hat u can still only rev till 6k with them. how do thre trannies hold up? and can they launch as fast as a evo or sti? at least a wrx? another up i would think would be the extra engine bay room. im gonna have to take my speed3 to get a dp installed just cause im scared to even try to work in that engine bay. i think the speed6 would be a tad easier. also i know the mod support is not as great for the speed6 as the speed3 but there is some support establshd now with the speed name being a little more recognized. im sure i could pick one up pretty cheap to. my payments would go down quite a bit i assume. ANY input is greatly appreciated.

Hmmm your payments might go down but you won't get crap for your speed 3 if you turn it in. I doubt insurance would go down. You do realize that the speed 6 and 3 are the same engine right?? The engine bay / mod support are virtually identical. The speed 6 only has AWD and 10 more hp. If your looking for something faster than I wouldn't go with a speed 6. If you want a bigger, "more grown up" look with a better interior than go with the speed 6. Ive never lived in snow so I have no idea how much better the 6 would be in the snow. As I said the engine / turbo is the same so it will drive similar. The small K04 turbo runs out of breath at 5500ish rpm.

You should ask your parents if they will buy you a Speed6 before you seriously start looking for one.

Not sure how your payments would go down by going to a MS6, they tend to costs a bit more than the 3.

You should ask your parents if they will buy you a Speed6 before you seriously start looking for one.

Not sure how your payments would go down by going to a MS6, they tend to costs a bit more than the 3.

no they dont cost more. look on autotrader and youll see tonnes of ms6's cheaper then ms3s.

i had an ms3 first then switched to the ms6. if you put snow tires on either of them theyre both great in the snow. the 6 being much better tho. but u have to get snow tires. like 2nd post said. all seasons in lost of snow is useless

=) i was 17 at the time I bought it and WAS very immature... and mommy and daddy did not pay for this car nor would they be paying for my speed3... and even on a trade in id come out with 2 grand in equity but if i sold it on the market would come out with 5 grand to put towards the speed6 dont be mad cause im not flipping burgers like you were when u were my age circle ****. and for the same engine and s*** yes they are the same engine turbo ect... BUT they are easier to work on they have a gigantic engine bay while i ours is squished

I apologize if I offended you, I made the assumption that you were a young whup after the sentence "...I jumped into the speed3 because I thought people would think I was cool." I'm not mad at you, I didn't flip burgers either, I had my own small lawn business for a couple years before I moved onto management :) Props to you for paying for your car!

All of the MS6s locally are going for an average of $2-3000 more than the MS3s. That is why I questioned the "lower payments". I test drove a MS6 that was priced at $23,000 with 48k on it, then I went across the street and bought my MS3 for $18,000 otd with 23K on the odometer.

sorry i got frustrated... most expensive speed6 here in utah is 18,500... i found an 07 with 30k on it for 17,000 not to shabby but we'll see im hearing they have rear diff problems

Thats a good deal on the speed 3 in VA I seen one that had 25k on it going for 20k.

Last edited:
sorry i got frustrated... most expensive speed6 here in utah is 18,500... i found an 07 with 30k on it for 17,000 not to shabby but we'll see im hearing they have rear diff problems

they dont have rear diff problems. some have broke there rear diff, but its mostly from people launching them too much. get an upgraded rear diff front mount for 300 and u will have no worries :)

=) there so sexy imo... but it sounds like they will never be really really fast with bolt ons and a tune

no if u want a super easy modable car. that other people will say "wow look at that guy in his super cool car" get an sti or an evo

Don't do it! The Speed6 is a gas hog and gas will be back up to $5 a gallon before you know it.

Before you know it your next post will be "Anyone have a Speed3 in Utah....I screwed up and got rid of a great car!" (wiggle)

my 6 is acutally better on gas then the 3 was lol.. i got 450-500km a tank were with the 6 im getting 525-600km a tank. cant figure it out at all

no if u want a super easy modable car. that other people will say "wow look at that guy in his super cool car" get an sti or an evo

definetly, a speed6 weights like 4-500lbs more than a speed3 so what you will make up in sweeter launching car, you will lose with extra weigth and drivetrain loss at speed on the highway.

Even a wrx has a more mod friendly engine and aftermarket set up. An sti or evo will be similar and definitely more fun in the snow and faster than a speed6

Back