Connected services on 2020 Mazda CX-5

:
2020 CX-5 GTR
Hi all,
I have a 2020 GTR CX-5 and am pretty frustrated to learn that they are releasing Connected Services on the 2021 but have no public plans right now for the 2020.
Anyone know if this is in the pipeline?
Don't want to buy a remote starter and then this release.

Thank you!

Probably it wont happen for 2020 and prior. The 2021 is gen7 infotainment.
All years prior its the old systems.
AA/Carplay was the only exception for retrofit on older models.

But you have Connected Services for traffic, weather and local seek in your 2020 ?

Connected services is different feature and is from/through Mazda, vehicle control through a mobile app.
The traffic details and weather is a siriusxm service and is limited to only that.

connected services,
Enables drivers to remote engine start/stop and remote door lock/unlock.l, etc.
The Mazda Remote Control technology works with the Mazda Connected Services subscription and also gives drivers the ability to discover your vehicle’s status (tire pressure and fuel) /location and send directions to the vehicle’s in-car navigation system.

You’ll also receive a standard three-year trial of Mazda Connected Services, which will allow you to access and control certain aspects of the vehicle while you’re away from it when you use the MyMazda app on your phone. Speaking of connectivity, the 2021 Mazda CX-5 will also offer an in-car Wi-Fi hotspot with a three-month or 2GB trial.

Connected services is different feature and is from/through Mazda, vehicle control through a mobile app.
The traffic details and weather is a siriusxm service and is limited to only that.

connected services,
Enables drivers to remote engine start/stop and remote door lock/unlock.l, etc.
The Mazda Remote Control technology works with the Mazda Connected Services subscription and also gives drivers the ability to discover your vehicle’s status (tire pressure and fuel) /location and send directions to the vehicle’s in-car navigation system.

You’ll also receive a standard three-year trial of Mazda Connected Services, which will allow you to access and control certain aspects of the vehicle while you’re away from it when you use the MyMazda app on your phone. Speaking of connectivity, the 2021 Mazda CX-5 will also offer an in-car Wi-Fi hotspot with a three-month or 2GB trial.

Thank you for the disappointing information. At least it will temper my expectations of it ever coming to the 2020 CX5.

Can you explain me why it wouldn't be possible? Is the hardware that different between the 2020 and 2021? Seems weird to make such a large change in the last year of a model.

*edit - I see they are going to a 10.5 inch screen for 2021. Kind of a kick in the pants to 2020 buyers... oh well. It is still a great car!

Last edited:
If cars (and other consumer products) didn’t get upgrades every year, where would we be? You buy a 2020, you resign yourself to knowing your car has a couple more standard features than the 2019, and the next year’s car will more stuff still.

At least the existence of the 2021 doesn’t brake anything on my 2020. My phone, however ... Apple releases new software with every new phone. Since they forced my phone to iOS 14, my phone has been nearly unusable. Bottom third of the touch screen stops responding in numerous apps ... Apple’s own Notes and Safari apps grind to a halt entering text (keys lag, take many seconds to pass text through, can’t move cursor to replace it, etc.) ... 🤬

... Apple releases new software with every new phone. Since they forced my phone to iOS 14, my phone has been nearly unusable. Bottom third of the touch screen stops responding in numerous apps ... Apple’s own Notes and Safari apps grind to a halt entering text (keys lag, take many seconds to pass text through, can’t move cursor to replace it, etc.) ... 🤬
I thought it’s just my old iPhone7+ ⋯ :unsure::oops:

Last edited:
Back