Compressor Mod interest...???

i completely, completely agree. i think way too much is tuning for peak HP when obvious improvements like lighter wheels, things like this to decrease spool up time, flywheel/drivetrain efficiency, etc are almost totally overlooked.

like it was mentioned its just like porting out an the intake mani. When a PnP intake mani goes up for sale do you see ppl posting up cfm numbers..... no. Its just simple knowledge that you know that opening up a hole, adding some taper to increase velocity and polishing the sides to have the air move as smoothly as possible will increase performance.

Not everything comes with numbers, also dont be afraid of something new too.

A new idea comes up on the forum and all you guys do is bash.... no wonder y we never see anything new for the MSP.

You know what, rather than write a big long scientific reply, as to why this mod is silly, I'll just ask this: How many people with turbocharged cars have you seen do this ? Exactly. Snoop around, you'll find that this is the most insignificant mod you could do to a turbocharger. I'm sorry, to each their own, but when modding a turbo for performance reasons, 99.9% will mod the exhaust portion of the snail or they will change the internals to achieve various results.

I am by no means trying to insult anyone, or the quality of their work (your machining does look nice...) but seriously, this is more of a "add it to your mod-list" mod than it is performance or function mod.

Many companys do this from the factory. Garrett turbos are geared towards OEM use, and usually only have a slight taper and dont really have much of a nice finish. But Precision (racing side of garrett) all have this done from the factory. Turbonetics and bulleseye also. Plus many more... I know of a few other small business machine shops that do this. Most turbo shops will offer this also.

So why do they do the exact same thing? because it works.

Many companys do this from the factory. Garrett turbos are geared towards OEM use, and usually only have a slight taper and dont really have much of a nice finish. But Precision (racing side of garrett) all have this done from the factory. Turbonetics and bulleseye also. Plus many more... I know of a few other small business machine shops that do this. Most turbo shops will offer this also.

So why do they do the exact same thing? because it works.

All it does is remove the turbulence to help make the inducer start the compression more uniformly. When a air filter is in use you will never be able to remove the turbulence.

All it does is remove the turbulence to help make the inducer start the compression more uniformly. When a air filter is in use you will never be able to remove the turbulence.

u do know that a filter comes before the turbo...... right?

having a filter wont stop you from removing turbulence, if that was the case then there would be no point in doing any PnP work.

You know what, rather than write a big long scientific reply, as to why this mod is silly, I'll just ask this: How many people with turbocharged cars have you seen do this ? Exactly. Snoop around, you'll find that this is the most insignificant mod you could do to a turbocharger. I'm sorry, to each their own, but when modding a turbo for performance reasons, 99.9% will mod the exhaust portion of the snail or they will change the internals to achieve various results.

I am by no means trying to insult anyone, or the quality of their work (your machining does look nice...) but seriously, this is more of a "add it to your mod-list" mod than it is performance or function mod.

im curious.... what your scientific reply would be?

so what are some site you found specifically saying that this mod is pointless? Cause it sounds like you did some snooping and found a site.

u do know that a filter comes before the turbo...... right?

having a filter wont stop you from removing turbulence, if that was the case then there would be no point in doing any PnP work.

im curious.... what your scientific reply would be?

so what are some site you found specifically saying that this mod is pointless? Cause it sounds like you did some snooping and found a site.

i take it you dont understand my post or didnt read it correctly? Because no place in there did i say the filter came second. lol But by all means knock your self out with it guy. If you think its worth it have fun. No skin off my back

no i did understand, i dont think you understand what i said. Cause whether you have a filter or not this mod will help with air flow.

Having a filter wont stop the effect of tapering and polishing the inlet.

Re read my post

the part about me saying u do know that the filter is before a turbo was more of a smart ass/joke

Either way it can't hurt. I'm gonna try it on a gt28... I've seen it done on bigger diesel turbos so who knows

Back