cold air intakes

Mz3_4u2nv

:
Mazda 3s 5 door, black mica
what kind of results are you all with aem cai's getting with your cars? how much hp and torque is being added to the engine? b/c i talked to injen and they swear that their cai's are gaining 9 bhp and 11 pounds of torque, which is hard to believe. so whats yalls opinion?

speaking of which we are running a special on them this week, 189 plus shipping

pls can anyone tell me if the cai for the 3s fits on the 3i, and if not anyone knows where a cai for the 3i can be purchased?

hyck said:
pls can anyone tell me if the cai for the 3s fits on the 3i, and if not anyone knows where a cai for the 3i can be purchased?
the 3s intake will not fit. i don't know of any 3i intakes

Captain KRM P5 said:
the 3s intake will not fit. i don't know of any 3i intakes

Is that forsure, as in you have tried it. I thought it would since everything I have seen and read in the manual hints otherwise.
What makes it not fit?
I know it is alittle different car but the new 2.3L and 2.0L Focus can share intakes and exhaust and other bolt-ons. Kinda weird that you say the Mazda3 will not.

Hey does any one know if there is a CAI made for the Automatic 2.3s without using cords or zip ties to hold it down. How can i get it?

Mz3_4u2nv said:
what kind of results are you all with aem cai's getting with your cars? how much hp and torque is being added to the engine? b/c i talked to injen and they swear that their cai's are gaining 9 bhp and 11 pounds of torque, which is hard to believe. so whats yalls opinion?

I got about about 8hp and 10.1 ft lbs of torque. I bought mine from aem.

Please when you post results, also post the dyno sheets, or some sort of snapshot of a dyno sheet, or even a photo of the computer with the dyno.

Otherwise your just kinda of rattling off numbers.

I recently added some carbon fiber valve covers and it increased my hp by 7 and my tq by 17.3!!!!

AzMz3 said:
Is that forsure, as in you have tried it. I thought it would since everything I have seen and read in the manual hints otherwise.
What makes it not fit?
I know it is alittle different car but the new 2.3L and 2.0L Focus can share intakes and exhaust and other bolt-ons. Kinda weird that you say the Mazda3 will not.
this is from AEM officially. i personally have never tried it, so it might work, but AEM has told me no.

I don't know for sure

I don't know for sure but this site is where I got my Injen CAI from http://www.autocarparts.com/part/633/25 (its coming today) but they say 2004 Mazda, 3 (All Trims). So it might fit both 2.0 and 2.3 who knows. Best thing to do would be call Injen that's what I did to track down when the CAI from them was coming out in full. They would be your best bet you can get their service department # on the site

Forgive the newbie here, but what does CAI do for fuel efficiency - increase, decrease, not affect? And, if it does affect it, to what extent?

Anyone have any thoughts on AEM CAI's? I found this one and am thinking about it.

Cheers!

Socrates said:
Forgive the newbie here, but what does CAI do for fuel efficiency - increase, decrease, not affect? And, if it does affect it, to what extent?

Anyone have any thoughts on AEM CAI's? I found this one and am thinking about it.

Cheers!
my experience on the protege5 is that it increases fuel economy slightly

as long as you aren't flooring it every second you get to hear your newly purchased intake.

Have any of yall with cold air intakes had any problems with a big half dollar sized hole put in the intake. Just wondering kuz i just cheked my filter today and noticed a big hole in the piping.

I'd replace the filter...silicon (or dirt) is one of the primary causers of premature engine wear. (Along with frequent starts, and cold driving [driving harshly before fluids are at operating temp])

srry bout that i made it sound like it was in my filter. What i meant was that there was a big ole hole in the piping of my cold air intake. because of the mount was crapily done and it put too much stress on the piping and pulled loose a big gaping hole on the bottom of the last turn of the piping. Just thot yall would like to know because ive had my intake for bout a month or 2 and didnt notice a hole untill today.

you wouldn't happen to have picts of where? not for a vaccum line or pcv or maf?

Back