Coilovers....need Some Thoguhts

i hear everyone talkin bout JIC, skunk2, G.C, and what ever companies have them out...but i am only interested in the JIC, TEIN, and the MAZDA MOTORSPORTS...which one would you guys reccommend??...i amabout to get one of the three...when they come out.....so any suggestions??...

I originally had GC and was not to impressed. They were ok but, my miata had fully adjustable real coilovers and the GC never really met my expectations. As for the other 3, I would go with the JIC's or Tien. I think either one would be a great improvement....although I am not familair with the differences between both. Maybe apexistud or ard could help you out on the exact differences between each system:)

Seeing both JIC or Tein will probably give you a stiffy. I've had the opportunity to see JIC's kits in person since ARD imports/sells them. I must admit that JIC quality is on par with Cusco and if you've seen Cusco then you know what I am talking about. Tein quality is also awesome and the Teins are a bit cheap than the JIC.

The bottom of the line JIC are still awesome, but they only let you adjust height not damper. For some addition info on JIC check out my original JIC is Coming post. As for Tein, the only kit they will have for the BJFP (P5 & Protege Sedan chassis) is the SS or Super Street coilover kit pic. which lets you adjust both height and damper. The damper is adjustable 16ways

Both JIC and Tein were slated for release in early July, but last I heard the JIC's had been pushed back to August, aswell as the Teins. The Teins should cost about $1050-$1100 w/uppermounts and the JIC's should run $1300 for the SF-1, $1700 for the FLT-2, and $1850 for the FLT-A2's. Hopefully the JIC prices will drop once people realize that no one in their right mind will spend that kind of cash. I mean come on......it's a damn Protege :rolleyes: Funny thing about high quality coilover kits though, that they look so nice that after you install them you kinda don't want to put you wheels back on because they look too tight.:D If you guys want I can send you one of my JIC Catalogs so you can have something cool to look at. I only have 3 though so if you want one PM me.

Last edited:
Back