coilover sleeve question

Macabe

:
2003 Protege5
What's the difference between the ground control setup and the eBay coilover sleeves ?

Ones not Sh*t?

I spent a long time looking at this recently. Supposedly the ground controls have a MUCH better locking mechanism, on the cheap ones it could fail...

Besides that....The springs of the ebay ones are absolute pieces of worthless crap 100%...toss them out even if you just wanted the actual sleeve portion.

Now...I was thinking of trying some cheaper sleeves but with eibach springs. But I got to thinking about it...I might as well buy the ground controls. Peace of mind and your already getting the nice springs with them...

**plus you get a lifetime warranty with ground control AND can specify custom spring rates if you wish.**

Well I haven't heard anything good about the ground control kit. That's why I ask. I know the eBay ones aren't gonna be the greatest quality but I know people that have ran them and had no problems with them.

I got the springs I'm running now off of eBay and the ride is just fine. Have either of you ran these coilover sleeves or are you just going off a stereotype that eBay has terrible products ?

When I asked this question a while ago someone running ebay sleeves had problems with them not mounting properly. When they would take a turn the car would have a tendency to pull one way and they had to correct by steering the other way quickly.

Another thing to consider is what are you looking for, performance, looks, slammed? Consider these and buy accordingly.

Personally, I am very glad I saved up and got a set of Ksport Coilovers.

The eBay sleeves are good with Hondas and other mazdas but for some reason they don't work out with protgs. The ground controls are ok if you go with a decent strut like tokico

Well I wanted to get these so I could learn to drive my car slammed before I purchase my bc Coilovers mid next year and I've been worried about ride quality and the performance effect these would have since I'm in stock struts.

Well I wanted to get these so I could learn to drive my car slammed before I purchase my bc Coilovers mid next year and I've been worried about ride quality and the performance effect these would have since I'm in stock struts.

just keep saving for the coilovers. Slamming a car with sleeves will blow your struts in no time at all. not to mention you wont have any travel in your suspension

Maybe I went a little overboard. I'm not really looking to slam it. I want it to sit level and tick a bit of tire. This is a daily driver so I don't need a street sweeper stance.

I have actual experience with sleeve coilovers (Skunk 2). Over 20,000 miles worth.

Go with quality springs if you're daily driving it. Public roads be hell.

^ X2 do it right the first time.

I cannot express how thankful I am that people kept telling me this over the years when I asked questions. Especially when it came to coilovers.

Yea I hear ya guys. I'm just being impatient with suspension since I have to do a motor swap. Hopefully after the holidays ill be able to get my bc setup

Back