Cobb vs CP-E Intake Question

CP-E vs Cobb

• CP-E

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Cobb

Votes: 42 66.7%

• Total voters

SgtP

I have narrowed it down to these two options. This board seems partial to the cobb but I love CP-E products. Is the CP-E intake worth the extra money? My wife says no :p but I planned purchasing the CP-E EMS soon after the intake. I know it would work fine with the cobb intake and I am aware that cobb is making a similar item soon but I'm stuck here. Either help me justify spending the extra money or help me realize that Cobb isn't inferior to CP-E.

The only real difference is probably noise. On my CX7 I had a short intake for a few weeks but the turbo spool was easily 2x as loud as the CPE intake.

Noise will not be a deciding factor. I am strictly interested in performance per dollar spent. On a side note, how do you like your CX-7. I am trying to convince my wife to get that over the CX-9 that she wants.

Tell her to go test drive both and see which one she likes. We didn't need a 3rd row, so we didn't need the CX9. I was comfortable with the CX7's size as well, didn't really want to step up tot he CX9.

Turbo lag can be a problem with CX7's, depending on how you drive them. I generally don't plan on beating anyone off the line as 0-2500rpms seems like it can take forever somedays.

But downshifting to pass and getting all that torque instantly is a blast. I'm sure the V6 in the CX9 is smoother in terms of power delivery, but the turbo torque is awesome. I believe they both have similar 0-60 times though, so in the end its probably just which one she likes driving better.

Tell her to go test drive both and see which one she likes. We didn't need a 3rd row, so we didn't need the CX9. I was comfortable with the CX7's size as well, didn't really want to step up tot he CX9.

Turbo lag can be a problem with CX7's, depending on how you drive them. I generally don't plan on beating anyone off the line as 0-2500rpms seems like it can take forever somedays.

But downshifting to pass and getting all that torque instantly is a blast. I'm sure the V6 in the CX9 is smoother in terms of power delivery, but the turbo torque is awesome. I believe they both have similar 0-60 times though, so in the end its probably just which one she likes driving better.

Shes not really concerned with power. We have a son and she is convinced we need something that seats 7. How is the space inside the 7. We have driven the 9 and its huge inside.

Even though I have the CP-E intake, and couldn't be more pleased with it, I voted Cobb. IMO the extra money spent on the CP-E isn't really worth it, the extra time to install isn't worth it, and the hassle of getting to the filter isn't worth it.

Even though I have the CP-E intake, and couldn't be more pleased with it, I voted Cobb. IMO the extra money spent on the CP-E isn't really worth it, the extra time to install isn't worth it, and the hassle of getting to the filter isn't worth it.

ty for that reply. I think I am leaning towards Cobb atm. I wish it didn't come in that ugly blue though :(

I picked CP-e because its what I have. Cobb is a good one to. It doesn't matter, this topic has been beaten to death and revived and beaten to death a million times over. Pick which ever you like.

I have not used the Cobb, but I like my cpe intake... On the conservative dyno dynamics dyno I used I made about 10 more whp and 10 more wtq than a stock speed3 at the same dyno event.

I just sold my MS intake and got the cobb. Reasons:

1) Accessability to clean the filter
2) Zero risk of hydrolock
3) Less expensive
4) more tq. down low vs. peak hp at the top of the rev band (cpe)
5) i wanted the extra noise

the cobb is definitely a better deal as far as $$$ goes. they should both perform about the same, so cost/performance-wise, it's not even a contest.

I just sold my MS intake and got the cobb. Reasons:

1) Accessability to clean the filter
2) Zero risk of hydrolock
3) Less expensive
4) more tq. down low vs. peak hp at the top of the rev band (cpe)
5) i wanted the extra noise

Those are the two intakes that I'm looking at; how much louder is the Cobb?

I've got cobb and its amazing the sound and everything even my gf that dont want me to mod the cars said she likes new sound and I have more tourge from on low rpms

Back