Cobb SRI

Hypnotized

:
03.5 MS Protege-Gone 07 MS3
Just installed my intake and i love it. Its raining hard now so I couldnt really get on it but I could definitely feal that the car is more responsive. The install was simple but I lost a damn socket in the bay, but oh well.. Anyhow I just wanted to say that this was a damn good investment.

i have a ms3 cobb intake installed on my ms6 and its great, but i'll be selling it in a week because i am getting a corksport fmic so if you want it pm me. it only has like 50 miles on it so i am not going to settle for much lower than new price.

Gonna threadjack here for a second...

I just put my Cobb SRI in today and the car actually feels more lethargic now up until and sometimes well past 3k. Is this just a matter of the ECU needing to re-adjust to more air entering the system? I did disconnected the negative battery terminal during the install, which took about 30 mins.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Last edited:
I assume so. It appears the turbo is kicking in at the same point.

The really frustrating thing is I tried to make a home grown SRI months ago and had the exact same results...

How quickly should my ECU adjust to the new intake?

Gonna threadjack here for a second...

I just put my Cobb SRI in today and the car actually feels more lethargic now up until and sometimes well past 3k. Is this just a matter of the ECU needing to re-adjust to more air entering the system? I did disconnected the negative battery terminal during the install, which took about 30 mins.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Give it time to learn.

I'll give it some time, I hope it works itself out. I'll report back in a few days with news, good or bad.

Thanks for the tips

My CAI seemed to bog my car down when I first put it on. I can't really tell you when it smoothed out but it does and will.

Looks like I jumped the gun a bit. I put about 120 miles on it today going to and from a Superbowl party. By the time I was halfway there, it had straightened itself out pretty well and just got better. Seems quite fine now and it certainly feels like it pulls harder (could all be in my head too). Nice intake, quick install, good sound. Winnah!

Thanks for the advice folks, much appreciated!

Kind of on topic - Mine has smoothed out and at WOT I am holding 17.5 - 18 psi. Is this normal?

She is a screaming b**** now and I love it.

Back