Cobb Downpipe Install

jamesc1080

:
2008 Mazdaspeed3
Just finished my downpipe install, finally got through a few hiccups and some memory relapse (ie. using a regular wrench to reach those tight spots!) but i wanted to know if anyone else has installed the Cobb DP and what did they do with their stock heat sheilds afterwards? Did you guys put all of them back on the manifold/O2 sensor or leave them off? I think 1 of the two that needed to be removed attached to the stock downpipe (the one which covered the 1st O2 sensor) so im curious to know what others have done.

-Thanks, James

Last edited:
the only heat shields I left on my car after i put on a dp were the ones that covered the mani. you dont have a way to secure them back to your dp after putting the cobb in anyways so just leave them off. wont hurt anything. I also zip tied up my primary 02 sensor wire so it wouldnt rest on the dp since the stock heat shields hold it outta the way and off that hott sucker

dude its super easy with the proper tools. after doing it and my mani a few times I can knock both out in less than 2hrs drinking beers and bullshitting with friends

DO IT!!! I put on a Cobb about a month ago and it deffinately makes a difference. Wish I would have done it sooner.

Back