Cobb Ceases Hard Part Dev, Staff RIF-ed

desperado-c

:
Mazdaspeed3
I will confirm that there have been some staff changes here at COBB. We still have quite a few items in the pipeline for the Speed3 that will be released soon and parts currently in production will remain so indefinitely. However, we have ceased future hard parts development due to the economic downturn and significant reduction in consumer spending.

Our ECU and related engineering has not been changed. R&D and new product development is still fully active with no plans to scale it back.

Regards,
Trey Cobb.

Last edited by a moderator:
we have ceased future hard parts development
R&D and new product development is still fully active with no plans to scale it back.

Regards,
Trey Cobb.
Am I missing something or does he just mean that ECU product development (eg AP maps) are still under further development?

Sucky news, I wonder who was let go. I'll have to read the full story when I have more time.

I think the important part of that was "we have ceased future hard parts development," meaning that no new ANYTHING that isn't a software update is going to be developed.

This doesn't necessarily imply they will stop production, and in fact they say in the previous line that it will not stop, but I wouldn't imagine that it's too far off.

Thats wierd, I was at Cobb today and they said they have an upcoming Inlet and BPV for the Speed 3. I wonder what is going on.

Thats wierd, I was at Cobb today and they said they have an upcoming Inlet and BPV for the Speed 3. I wonder what is going on.
You have to read the statement carefully:

We still have quite a few items [hard parts] in the [development] pipeline for the Speed3 that will be released soon.

And:

Our ECU and related engineering has not been changed. R&D and new product development is still fully active with no plans to scale it back.

i was wondering if something was going on when I saw the ap for sale for 625 at quite a few different vendors...

Back